Right towards the end of February Disney decided it was a good time to make some big announcements! So we have a lot of news coming at you this month, in addition to some of the regular news items and fun blog posts I normally share once a month. Let’s get to it!
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, the newest attraction coming to Hollywood Studios, will open in just a few days on March 4th – and fastpasses are available.
- The Food and Wine Festival in California Adventure has just started, and it runs until April 21st.
- Cinderella Castle in Disney World will be getting a makeover (concept photo above). What do you think?
- Spaceship Earth is closing for refurb on May 26th and getting a fairly major reimagining. The Egypt area will be redone and there will be a new narration.
- The Flower and Garden Festival is beginning on March 4th in Epcot! Honestly the food menus look amazing and if you want to send me any orange bird merch please feel free 😉
- A fun little new activity in Epcot is a free scavenger hunt inside the Seas with Nemo and Friends!
- Want your own little photo shoot around Disney? You can now get some time with a photopass photographer for a small fee in some popular locations!
- A few popular Disney+ shows have gotten release dates – we’ll be seeing Marvel’s Wandavision in December, The Falcon and the Winter Solder in August, and season 2 of The Mandalorian in October.
- If you’re keeping with the “Star Wars hotel” – officially called Star Wars Galactic Cruiser – we still don’t have an opening date, but we know reservations will be opening up sometime later this year.
- Regal Eagle Smokehouse in Epcot is now open and serving food – check out my review here!
Hollywood Studios // Rumors are circulating that there will be a baby Yoda (The Child) meet and greet in the parks soon. Comments have been made by people who work in licensing that they would love to do it, but nothing has been confirmed or announced yet. It could be similar to the “baby Groot” meet and greet they had a few years ago.
Starbucks // Starbucks has created a new “You are Here” mug series featuring Star Wars planets. No word on when they’ll be released or what planets will be included, but photos of a Hoth mug are circulating and May 4th has been cited as a possible release date.
Other Disney Blogs
Emma from the Geeky Tourist has a look at Avengers filming locations in Edinburgh – there are so many I’d love to visit!
Have you ever thought you were going crazy because something about a Disney attraction just seemed different, but you weren’t sure what? Parkeology has a look at some of the Super Sneaky Disney Ride Changes Almost Nobody Spots.
The Disney Dinks has a look at Sangria University happening over at Coronado Springs resort – this definitely seems like something I need to try!
Mindy at This Fairy Tale Life shares a peek at the new Disney wedding dress line coming out soon.
What Disney news are you most excited about this month?
Ahh the concept for the Cinderella Castle update is gorgeous! I’m swooning! I’m so so excited for the upcoming Disney+ shows and second seasons! Aaaand now of course I’m seriously hoping they add a Baby Yoda meet-and-greet to the parks. That would be beyond adorable. Love these updates!
Kelsey Schenk says
Woah, new Starbucks cups! That’s so cool…I know a lot of my friends will be excited about that if it’s not just a rumor!
Melissa Cruz says
OMG a baby Yoda meet and greet? I would literally lose it if I see him hahaha. He’s so cute!
Emily Bendler says
My kids would go crazy for a baby yoda meet and greet. I’m more excited about CInderella’s castle tho, lol.
I’m all about a Disney + Starbucks collaboration. I’ll definitely get a mug if it’s available on Star Wars Day.
Thanks so much for sharing 🙂
Emma | https://geekytourist.com/