It’s an exciting time of year to be at Disney – whether you’re there for the Halloween decorations and party or the Christmas ones, It’s a fun time. There’s definitely a lot of construction happening now too, and Disney doesn’t show any signs of slowing down. They announced a couple of new projects now, with others rumored. Disneyland is seeing some changes as well. Plenty to keep up with this month!
- Though we don’t know a lot of details, we did get confirmation that the new Guardians of the Galaxy ride coming to Epcot will be a roller coaster.
- Because there’s not enough Italian food in Disney… Disney Springs will be adding three new Italian restaurants.
- Disney Springs is offering a Star Wars themed virtual reality game that sounds really cool – “Disguised as stormtroopers, grab your blaster, solve puzzles, and fight giant lava monsters in an effort to fulfill your team’s orders. Pushing the boundaries of location-based virtual reality.”
- Disney announced they will be doing a remake of popular 90’s film Hocus Pocus.
- The animated film Gigantic, originally supposed to have been released in 2020, is being shelved indefinitely.
- Dogs will now be allowed to stay at certain Disney resorts, at least for a trial period. Would you bring your dog to Disney?
- The Disney Magic is introducing a new experience for adults: Canvas and Cocktails, where you can enjoy some adult beverages and paint a Disney inspired painting on board.
- The Swan and Dolphin hotels will be getting a big expansion – a new tower with an additional 350 rooms.
- RunDisney has officially cancelled all 2018 races in Disneyland and will not hold any more races there until further notice.
- Disneyland will be building a new 4 diamond hotel right on the west side of Downtown Disney.
- We’ve been given a sneak peek into the new quick service food location that will be located in the new Toy Story Land.
Resorts // If the Star Wars experience hotel goes over well (which is almost undoubtedly will), one rumor goes that a Captain America experience hotel will be the next one guests will see at Disney World.
Fastpass // Rumor has it that Disney wants to offer more benefits to staying off-site, since their hotels have been filling up. One way they might do this is offering the 60 day advance booking window for fastpasses at select “Good Neighbor” hotels.
Other Disney Blogs
Tracy’s post about the Holidays at Universal Orlando on her blog The Suitcase Scholar makes me really wish I could get back there for the Christmas season. Especially with Hogwarts lit up for Christmas.
In this entertainingly sarcastic post, Shane from Parkeology shares 4 Surprising Things We Learned about Toy Story Land.
Upset about the Disneyland races being cancelled? Patty from My No Guilt Life is too, but she explains why it’s going to be okay.
I know this article is a little old, but I just discovered it – apparently John Stamos likes to Disney Bound when he goes to the parks and I LOVE IT.
What Disney news this month are you most excited about?