Welcome to 2018! I’m excited for all things Disney this year – some great movies coming out, new things coming to the theme parks, and my own Disney trips! This year I’ll be headed down in February for Princess half marathon weekend, I’ll be on a Disney cruise in May, and I have a Disney girls trip planned for November at the Boardwalk! Lots to look forward to 🙂
- The Olaf short was removed from Coco screenings – while some enjoyed it, those not interested in Frozen were turned off by the 25 minute “short” before the movie even began.
- D-Street in Downtown Disney in California will be closing to make way for a Disney home goods store.
- Star Wars ice cream flavors are coming to Ample Hills – which one sounds best to you? I’d have to go with the First Order!
- Light pink magic bands are now available to purchase in Disney World.
- The Food and Wine Festival in California Adventure will now be 6 weeks long, going from March 2nd-April 12th.
- Festival of the Arts is coming back, and Disney has announced the lineup of Disney on Broadway performers!
- Flights of Wonder in Animal Kingdom is being replaced by a new bird show that will also feature Dug and Russell from Up.
- Disney has purchased most of 21st Century Fox, expanding their content.
- I can’t get enough of the tiger cubs in Animal Kingdom, and hopefully will see them in person in February!
- The Hall of Presidents has finally reopened in Magic Kingdom with an animatronic Donald Trump.
- Although La Nouba closed, Disney Springs will be getting a new Cirque du Soleil show. This one will be Disney influenced!
Epcot // The American Adventure will be going down for refurbishment for about a month – it’s guessed that certain things will be upgraded and there may be a new final film.
Animal Kingdom // Though no opening date has been set, speculation says that the new bird show at Animal Kingdom will most likely open on April 22nd – the 20th anniversary of Animal Kingdom’s opening day.
Epcot // Now that a new fireworks show has debuted in Magic Kingdom, rumors are flying that Epcot’s fireworks will see an upgrade as well. Some think it will be a new show entirely, while others think it will be a newer version of Illuminations. A lot of speculation is saying that the show will involve drones, similar to what was done in Disney Springs for the holidays last year.
Other Disney Blogs
Dan from the Tomorrow Society ranks the Disney roller coasters – how would you rank them?
Calling all Porg lovers! Mindy from This Fairy Tale Life has the best Porg merch for Star Wars fans.
The Disney Parks Blog showed us a peek into what to expect from Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
Over at Falon Loves Life, Falon is trying to work her way through the entire Marvel cinematic universe in chronological order – and she’s got a checklist for you if you want to join in!
What Disney news are you most excited about this month?