We are one month into 2021. The past month I’ve gone between feeling motivated and optimistic to feeling like “why do I bother”. I’m guessing I’m not alone in these feelings. I kind of feel that way about most things in my life, and the blog is no exception. I’ve really put a lot of work into things this month – I’ve started working with a blog coach, I’m really focusing on SEO work and updating old posts, I’m making more printables, and of course I’m still writing and sharing 3 posts a week. And I love doing this but at the same time it makes me nervous. What if I do all this work and it doesn’t pay off? What if people don’t care or my pageviews still go down? But then other days I’m super happy with the quality of what I’m providing and care less about those things. Hopefully I can try to keep that mindset a bit more.
On a more personal note I’ve also spent the last month trying to figure out some medical issues. I’ve been feeling overall fairly awful most days since around Thanksgiving. I know a lot of things that it’s not (I’ve had two negative COVID tests and a negative antibody test despite not having typical COVID symptoms! And we’ve eliminated mono, sinus infection, and a few other things. I had allergy testing done and have a pretty severe dust allergy. Though I’ve always known I’m sensitive to dust, but I’ve never felt THIS bad and with these symptoms. So I dunno but I feel like I’m kind of at the end of things to try so I’m just hoping it gets better with more time and/or once winter is over.
January 2021 goals
- Update 2-3 old posts (I actually got around to updating 4 older posts – Disney movies in France, Disney princes, Best Disney love stories, and Best Disney couples)
- Set up blogging binder (done, and I’m really happy with it and I’ve been using it!)
- Create at least 1 new printable (I actually did a bunch – both my 2021 trip planning printables and some Valentine’s Day printables)
- Read Pinterest ebook (didn’t get to this)
- Stick to my blogging checklists (mostly stuck with this one)
- Keep up with strength training on non-run days (I’ve been really good at this and have actually found I don’t hate strength training now!)
- Clean library, hallway, and living room (I did thoroughly go through the hallway and library so that’s a good start!)
- Get all of my medical testing done (I’ve probably been to 4-5 dr appointments, had bloodwork done 3 times, had a CT scan, and did allergy testing. It’s exhausting!)
February 2021 blog goals
- Update 4 older bog posts
- Create at least one new printable
- Complete my blog organization project through 2019 posts
- Contact at least one other blogger about guest posting
- Make a list of good SEO resources and tools
- Create a plan to better advertise my travel agent services for the month
February 2021 personal goals
- Start a skincare routine
- Run 85 miles this month
- Clean and declutter the living room and master bathroom
- Take some time to journal for my mental health
Do you have any goals for this month? How are you feeling?