Friends, I cannot get enough of baby Yoda. I don’t care if it seems like he’s overplayed or everywhere right now, I will love him always. If you’ve somehow been living under a rock, “baby Yoda” is the name given to the most adorable little being ever from the new Disney+ TV show The Mandalorian. We don’t know if he’s actually yoda or related or anything, but he is the same species and he is tiny and adorable and the greatest thing ever.
The memes are wonderful. Every time I see him on my TV screen it fills me with happiness. In a world where so many things are frustrating, depressing, or cause me anxiety, I will take all the baby yoda I can get.
So when I saw these baby Yoda cookies right around the time I was doing my Christmas baking, I had to make it happen. This genius idea was shared on instagram by atakturk so I take no credit for it. Go check out her insta because it looks like she’s a great baker and obviously a fan of baby Yoda! I will just share how I went about making my own version of these baby Yoda cookies because my decorating skills are very minimal.
How to make baby Yoda cookies:
What you will need:
- Sugar cookie recipe (I used this one)
- Royal icing (I used this recipe)
- Food coloring
- Angel cookie cutter
- Make cookie dough. You could do any kind of sugar cookie or butter cookie as long as it’s a recipe where you can roll it out and cut out shapes.
- Use the angel cookie cutter and then decapitate the angels. Yes, that is correct. I just folded over their heads to the back of the cookie but you could also cut them off for a more rounded shape depending on how particular you are.
- Bake cookies.
- Make royal icing.
- Dye about half of the icing green. Dye another small amount black (I recommend getting black food coloring, rather than mixing every color together a million times until getting something that resembles black, which is what I did).
- Spread the green icing on the top part of baby yoda’s head. Once dry, I then used a toothpick to create the round circles for his eyes with the black icing.
- My decorating skills were maxed out, so I figured my cookies were tan color which was close enough to his robes and I left it here. However, you could also make icing and dye it brown and add more details to the cookies. I took the more simplified approach.
You know, while doing this I also had the thought that this technique could also make a pretty good Stitch cookie too… maybe that will be next year’s experiment!
Are you a fan of baby Yoda? Would you want to try these Baby Yoda cookies?
I love Baby Yoda so much! And these cookies look so yummy!!
cute & little
Now I just need to convince my husband to have a Star Wars party…
Melissa Cruz says
I’m obsessed with baby Yoda and the memes. They are just so cute and funny! I definitely need to try and make these cookies. I need to buy an angel cookie cutter ASAP.
I saw that thread about the angel shape with the head cut off resembling Baby Yoda and I just thought it was so creative. I love how your cookies turned out. They’re adorable!
Patricia Conte says
Ohmygosh! These are super-adorable and so creative! What a great job you did!
Crystal @ Dreams, etc. says
I love all the Baby Yoda memes and these cookies are just as adorable! Great job!
I can confirm these are delicious. And, like the Mickey ice cream bars, are eaten ears-first 😉
Thank you for posting this! I’m so happy to find your blog! I have been wondering how to make simple Baby Yoda cookies. Your method is perfect and I can hardly wait to make these. ?
[email protected] says
Good luck, I hope they come out great!