Wow, it’s August already! This will be a fun month for me because at the end of it I head off to Disneyland! I can’t wait. And while I won’t be attending the D23 expo, I’m super excited to hear about what happens there later this month!
Disney in your Day news
I feel like the blog has really been jumping lately! One super exciting thing is that we got a new logo designed for the blog, done by my lovely friend Emma. I really like it, I think it’s fun and sums up the blog nicely! I’ve been trying to share a lot of posts and spread the word a bit more too, and I’ve been seeing more comments on posts – I can’t begin to tell you how encouraging it is when people actually interact on the blog 🙂 I’ve also decided to begin listing some monthly goals here! Most of them will be blogging goals, but I’m going to throw in a few personal ones as well.
August monthly goals:
- Create a blog media kit
- Complete and personalize my blogging binder
- Finish half marathon training
- Read at least 4 books
- Disneyland celebrated their 60th birthday on July 17th! I’m excited to get there and join in the celebrations, albeit a bit late 🙂
- It had been rumored, but now it’s official: in addition to the new Star Wars films, they will be making a stand-alone Han Solo film.
- We learned a lot this month about Shanghai Disneyland – it looks awesome, even if I won’t ever make it there!
- The Swan and Dolphin is once again hosting their Food and Wine classic, and Disney Food blog has the menus.
- A new trailer is now available for the next Pixar movie, the Good Dinosaur. What do you think?
Other Disney Blogs
I love the fact that Disney Food Blog featured some “better for you” snacks around Epcot! Great for people who want to stay healthy even while on vacation.
While not a Disney blog, Pieces of Me shares 11 Secret Tips from an Airline Insider. Great resource if you fly to Disney!
Is it too early for Christmas? Dis Kingdom takes a look at the Disney Store sketchbook ornaments that are available this year!
The new blog The Tomorrow Society presented a fascinating look at the comparisons and competition between Universal and Disney.
The Disney Parks Blog shared this recipe for the cruise line drink “Warm Hugs” – it sounds and looks delicious!