Nothing super new on the blog front. One thing I am proud of is the fact that I managed to plan things ahead of time and put out a decent amount of fall/Halloween content. Those posts seem to be doing really well so I’m happy I was able to get them together.
I want to keep up with what’s best for the blog and grow with the community and the times, which often means trying new things. Video is super hot right now and so many bloggers are pushing video content. I did experiment with this for my Halloween rice krispies treats, and while I really like how that video turned out I’m not sure if the amount of time and effort it took is worth it. Writing is still my main passion, so I hope there are still people who prefer reading their content rather than watching it like I do!
On a personal note, I’ve finally found a doctor who seems to take my sleep issues seriously. While I don’t have trouble falling asleep, I constantly feel tired throughout the day. I was at a point where I was napping in my car on my lunch break almost every day (after sleeping 8 hours at night). In the past when I mentioned it to doctors it was brushed off as “stress” but this has been going on for years and someone is finally taking the effort to help me. I am doing a sleep study in the hospital in the middle of this month and fingers crossed we can improve my life so I don’t constantly feel exhausted!
- Update 4 old blog posts (I got to 3 this month and focused on my fall content – Belle Halloween costume, Incredibles Halloween costume, and Halloween on Etsy)
- Continue work on blog organization project (not as much as I’d like, but I did a little work)
- Create more fall printables for Etsy (yes, I put up a few more including a Haunted Mansion one!)
- Start organizing all of my Disney photos (didn’t get to this one at all)
- Send a mailing to my email list once a week (I’ve been good about this and have sent weekly!)
- use my planner daily (yes, except on weekends)
- Run the Jim Thorpe half marathon (done with my best time yet – 2:06:04!)
- Finish cleaning out my office (noooope)
- Set up and play with my new cricut! (I haven’t done as much as I’d like)
October blog goals
- Organize old blog content at least through 2017
- Plan out ideas for Christmas and winter related posts
- Work on my printables inspired by the World Showcase (more details to come!)
- Do another lesson in the photography course I purchased
- Do more instagram stories
October personal goals
- Create a new run training schedule now that I don’t have anything specific to train for
- Complete my sleep study and get to the bottom of my tiredness issues
- Meal prep on Sundays so I’m prepared for the week
- Finish cleaning and organizing the office (for real this time!)
Do you have any goals for the month of October?