It’s November, which means it gets colder (boo!), but it also means Thanksgiving! I love a big meal with family. I love Christmas too, but I won’t go Christmas crazy until the day after Thanksgiving. The one thing I will do before Thanksgiving is start my Christmas shopping though – don’t want to wait til the last minute!
Disney in your Day news
The biggest news we have around here is that yesterday I just launched the Disney stocking stuffer guide! It has lots of great little Disney items that would be perfect in a Disney lover’s stocking – but the best part is that everything is from Etsy, which means it’s handmade and some one of a kind stuff. Plus, in the coming weeks I’ll be featuring a number of these Etsy shops to show off what they have to offer, and we’ve got some great giveaways with that too!
I’m also going to try and participate in NaNoWriMo again this year. I am working on a specific kind of guide book for Disney World that will be aimed mostly at parents – I’m not quite yet ready to reveal the details but I’m putting a ton of work into it so I’m hoping it turns out well! If you’re not familiar with National Novel Writing Month, it’s attempting to write 50,000 words in the month of November. I’ve successfully completed it twice, with two middle grade novels that I wrote, so this will be my third year giving it a go!
- The restaurant Morimoto Asia is now open at Disney Springs, and the Disney Food Blog has a full dinner review – it looks great!
- Flying Fish restaurant is getting a total makeover with a new look and a new menu, though the popular potato wrapped snapper will remain.
- Disney recently released their newest video game/interactive experience called Playmation. Highlights Along the Way has a review of it.
- Star Wars crashed the internet! Sites like Fandango almost couldn’t handle the amount of people buying their tickets for the new movie. Have you gotten yours yet?
- I’m a huge fan of the orange bird, so I’m really loving this new Orange Bird merchandise. Who wants to buy me that mug? Or that adorable magic band??
- WDW Magic has a look at some of the first permits for the construction at Hollywood Studios, and what it might all mean.
Other Disney Blogs
Inspired by Dis has a look at the 2016 Disney wedding gown collection from Alfred Angelo. I think the Tiana gown is my favorite – what’s yours?
Shann Eva threw an adorable Star Wars themed birthday party for her son! I especially love all the little details.
When I saw there was a blog called “Bibbidi Bobbidi Booze“, I knew I had to click on it. And their recipe for a dragon berry colada sounds divine.
Do you miss Disney when you’re not there? The Felicity Jar offers up some tips for How to Cure Disney Park Homesickness.
Over at Mouse on the Mind, Melissa Sue offers up her ideas for some epic sounding Haunted Mansion themed rooms at the Disney resorts.
What Disney news are you most excited about this month?