It seems like there has been a ton of news and rumors recently – both good and bad. June was an up and down month at Disney, but hopefully we’ll see good from here on out! Lots of fun stuff happening if you’re headed there any time soon. I’ll be there myself in early August and can’t wait to come back and share with you!
- The Disney Wonder cruise ship will be getting some improvements and upgrades. I’m most excited for the Princess and the Frog themed restaurant!
- In other cruise news, you can now reserve some meet and greet experiences ahead of time online. Great for those who want to plan ahead!
- A new 4-diamond resort could be coming to Disneyland, set to open in 2021. It would take the place of the current Downtown Disney parking lot, and a new parking garage would be constructed.
- If you went to see Finding Dory you probably saw the Moana trailer in theaters, but in case you missed it, here it is!
- Wreck-It Ralph is getting a sequel! It will be about Ralph “wrecking the internet,” and will open in March 2018.
- Due to the tragedy which occurred on the beach at the Grand Floridian, Disney has put up fences around the lakes in all beach areas.
- Over on the other side of the world, Shanghai Disneyland resort has opened to big crowds!
- In honor of the lives lost to the tragic shooting in Orlando, the Disney company donated $1 million to the OneOrlando fund.
- Love Disney popcorn? The parks will now be offering a refillable popcorn bucket!
- The construction walls are down in Norway over at Epcot, with Frozen ever After opening as well as the new meet and greet area for Anna and Elsa.
Water parks // Typhoon Lagoon may be seeing an expansion. Sources say that land is being prepped and new rides are to come! Maybe by summer 2017?
Resorts // Will we see the first DVC properties at a moderate resort? There is some extra land at Caribbean Beach, and speculation is that it might be used for Disney Vacation Club.
Magic Kingdom // The Muppets could be making an appearance in the Magic Kingdom. Rumor has it we might see them at Liberty Square.
Epcot // Guardians of the Galaxy is another franchise that might be making a park appearance. The rumors are swirling that we could see a makeover of either Universe of Energy or Mission: Space with a Guardians of the Galaxy theme.
Other Disney blogs
Disney Food Blog shares a full review of the new restaurant Tiffins. I can’t wait to try it!
WDW for Grownups takes a look back at the old water park River Country.
Stephen, who writes for the DIS, shares 3 big concerns to have about the future of Walt Disney World. I agree with a lot of what he has to say, particularly on the overcrowding issue.
I loved Rachel’s review of Finding Dory over at 54 Animated Disney Films. She’s got some great perspectives and things I hadn’t thought about the first time I watched the movie.
On the Disney Food Blog, AJ gives us a sneak peek at Paddlefish restaurant (the new version of Fulton’s Crab House). Lobster, mac and cheese, and sundaes? All of it looks amazing!
What Disney news are you most excited about this month?