There’s usually a pretty good amount of Disney news every month, but in November it’s like Disney went crazy sharing things! They had a small event in Disney World where they announced a couple of things, but then it just kept coming. It means I have a lot of news to share with you this month – I’m curious to hear what you think about some of these things!
- Good news for California peeps! Disneyland is hosting a Holiday food festival for the first time ever this year with lots of tasty seasonal treats.
- Universal is going to be giving Disney a run for their money so it’s important to keep up with what they’re doing too – like this wristband similar to the Magic Band they’ll be introducing at their new water park.
- Despite announcing that it would close two years ago, Disney Quest will be sticking around in Disney Springs for 2017.
- Disney released a new ticket type called the 4 park 4 day Magic Ticket. It gets you into each one of the Disney theme parks for one day. So if you know you’re only going to be spending 4 days in the park and one will be at Magic Kingdom, one at Epcot, one at Hollywood Studios, and one in Animal Kingdom, then you can save some money with this deal.
- Magic Bands 2.0 are coming! They are supposed to be more versatile – the middle part can be removed and Disney will be selling inserts to use them as keychains and things like that instead of bracelets.
- Pandora: The World of Avatar finally has an ending in sight! Disney announced this new section of Animal Kingdom would be opening in summer 2017. New concept art images were released as well, including a new restaurant.
- Star Tours will see an update soon with an addition from the 8th movie, coming out in a year.
- Magic Kingdom now has cabanas to rent, for the price of $650 per day. This one has stirred up some controversy among Disney fans!
- Epcot is introducing a new festival – the Festival of the Arts, featuring arts of all sorts with a focus on Broadway this year. It’s running from mid-January to mid-February and I’m so bummed I’ll be just missing it!
- Moana is coming to Disney World! She is now available for meet and greets in Hollywood Studios.
- Rivers of Light has finally begun cast previews – does that mean the public will see it soon?
- More competition from Universal – they’ve announced a Nintendo expansion will be coming to their Orlando theme parks.
- We’ve gotten some sneak peeks of Tiana’s Place on the Disney Wonder and it looks amazing… and now I need to cruise on that ship.
Movies // Lin Manuel Miranda, composer of the Broadway smash Hamilton and the new Disney film Moana, is working on a “secret project.” One can only guess what it might be!
Hollywood Studios // Projected start dates are being tossed around for both Toy Story land and Star Wars land. We’re hearing summer 2018 for toy story and late 2019 for Star Wars.
Epcot // A “major transformation” may be coming to Epcot over the next 8 or so years. Word has it that it will be “more Disney” but still stay true to the original vision of Epcot. We’ll see how that goes.
Other Disney Blogs
The Disney Food Blog reviews the new Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory, the quick service restaurant at Port Orleans French Quarter. It might not be as interesting a space visually anymore, but the food sure looks good!
Disney has introduced a new event on the river boat to have an ice cream social with Tiana and Naveen – but according to Josh at EasyWDW, one of the major advertisements of the event (special parade viewing) turns out to be a huge let down and probably not worth the $50 price tag.
Theme Park Tourist shares an awesome history of one of my favorites, the orange bird. Learn all about him and what he’s been through over the years!
I thought this review of Moana, from Bethany at Dandelion Pie, was really well written and had an interesting perspective from her husband (who is Polynesian).