June is upon us, which basically means… Star Wars! yes, Galaxy’s Edge is the big news everyone is talking about, and I’m sure you’ll find it all over every blog around in the coming weeks. I’ll be posting about it as well, and hopefully I can find some interesting or unique angles to share about my experiences. And in the meantime I’m happy to bring you all of the OTHER Disney news going on!
- Don’t know if you’ve heard anything about this… but Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opened today in Disneyland!
- The new Marvel themed land coming to Disney’s California Adventure is set to open sometime in 2020.
- A new baby gorilla was born on May 1st at Animal Kingdom and is named Grace.
- Bongos Cuban Cafe in Disney Springs will be closing.
- A new show will be coming to California Adventure for the summer: Tale of the Lion King, and it starts on June 7th.
- The new space themed restaurant coming to Epcot will open sometime in 2019 – it still does not have a name though.
- You will now be able to book additional Disney experiences online, including Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, The Pirates League, and the Harmony Barber Shop.
- Disneyland has a new type of annual pass available called the Disney Flex Passport.
- The NBA Experience will be opening in Disney Springs this summer, and tickets are now available for purchase.
- Here is the list of people being inducted as Disney Legends at the D23 Expo this year!
- The new signature restaurant coming to Japan in Epcot will be called Takumi Tei, and it will open this summer.
- New holiday decor and entertainment will be coming to Animal Kingdom this year for the Christmas season!
Epcot // The new Play Pavilion coming to Epcot will include the Animation Academy, where guests will learn how to draw Disney characters (just like they used to offer in Hollywood Studios). Rumor has it this attraction will be hosted by Edna Mode.
Epcot // Rumor has it that the new films coming to Epcot (like the new films in China and Canada and the Beauty and the Beast sing-along) will debut as part of the Epcot International Festival of the Arts 2020.
Other Disney Blogs
Curious about how the gondola skyliner construction is going? Tom from Disney Tourist Blog has the details for you.
The Disney Food Blog has one of the coolest Disney Bounds inspired by a Disney treat – they’re bounding as the Night Blossom beverage in Pandora!
If you love food as much as I do, you’ll probably be interested in read the full menus at Galaxy’s Edge, provided by All Ears.
Mindy from This Fairy Tale Life has a complete guide to Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland, and she’ll be updating it as she visits today!
What Disney news are you most excited about this month?