I can’t believe it’s June already. The Disney Cruise last month was great, but the rest of May kicked my butt, in terms of the blog, my day job, and my personal life. Bring on June and let’s hope it gets better.
- Disney Cruise Line has released their itineraries for fall 2019 sailings and they are now available for booking – contact me today at [email protected] if you’d like a free quote!
- Disney has started their own online video show called Disney Eats, all about food – sounds like it’s right up my alley.
- If you’re looking for another dessert party option, Disney has started the After Fireworks Dessert Party in the Magic Kingdom.
- Wine Bar George in Disney Springs finally opened on May 20th!
- Aladdin’s Oasis in Disneyland will be rethemed to a new dining experience called the Tropical Hideaway.
- The Diamond Horseshoe in Magic Kingdom has debuted a new menu – which is probably good, since I wasn’t crazy about the old one.
- Opening timelines have been announced for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Disneyland will see it in summer 2019, and Disney World in late fall 2019.
- We still know very little about the Star Wars hotel, but they’ve announced the location: it’s “under development” just east of World Drive, on the south side of Disney’s Hollywood Studios theme park.
- Maleficent II is in production: did anyone really ask for a sequel to that film?
- Mobile Ordering for food is now available at Disneyland!
Restaurants // Has Disney gotten rid of what actually made Whsipering Canyon Cafe fun? The Disney Food Blog is reporting that they’ve been told to stop the antics for being too noisy – wasn’t that the whole point?
Magic Kingdom // Rumor has it that the Carousel of Progress will finally get an update, including a new finale scene. No word on when this would happen except that it would be done by 2021.
Transportation // Some places are reporting that Disney has ordered work on a new, updated fleet or monorails.
Other Disney Blogs
Are you a fan of bourbon? Dis Dining has the scoop on the new Bourbon Trail at Disney Springs, where you can try some the best bourbon drinks and check them off in a passport – I just wouldn’t try all 18 in one day! 😉
With capacity filling up at Disney resorts, I appreciated this review of the Disney Springs hotel Wyndham Lake Buena Vista from Kait at Kait Around the Kingdom!
Speaking of capacity at Disney resorts, Jenn from Fairest Run of All writes about her struggles trying to book a Disney resort 6 months out.
Ever wondered when and what you should tip at Disney? Tom from The Disney Tourist Blog brings you a Tipping at Disney FAQ.
Kenny the Pirate brings you all the details we know about Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
What Disney news are you most excited about this month?