What a month. Another month without Disney theme parks in the US is over. And unless we see another shut down, it will be the last month that’s the case. I will be honest, with how things are looking in Florida right now I’m not sure that reopening theme parks right now is the best idea. But for those who will be attending, stay safe and I hope you have a great time! I’ll be here at home, recreating Disney recipes, writing about Disney World, and planning trips for the future.
- The NBA will be hosting their 2020 season at Disney World, and the teams will be housed at several Disney resorts – including Coronado Springs, Grand Floridian, and Beach Club.
- Disneyland announced a reopening date of July 17th… and has since had to walk that back due to still needing government approvals on reopening. At this time there is no longer an official reopening date for Disneyland.
- Gideon’s Bakehouse will be opening a location at Disney Springs later this year – and they are known for their half pound cookies!
- Not all the attractions and entertainment will be available when Disney World reopens, but here’s a full list of the attractions and shows that will be available.
- Splash Mountain will be redone with a Princess and the Frog theme in both Disney World and Disneyland.
- 2021 Disney trips are now available to book! Contact me today if you’d like a price quote and free trip planning services.
- Hamilton comes to Disney+ this Friday, June 3rd!
Now that Song of the South is being removed from Splash Mountain, there is some speculation on other attractions that might need updates to keep up with the times – some that have been mentioned include Peter Pan and the Country Bear Jamboree.
There are rumors that the new Cirque du Soleil show in Disney Springs could be in trouble, now that Cirque du Soleil has just filed for bankruptcy.
Many Disney construction projects are probably in limbo right now, but the previously announced DVC resort Reflections seems to be on hold indefinitely.
Other Disney blogs
Ever wonder which Disney deluxe resort would be best to stay at? Alison at Everything Mouse has a blog post with the pros and cons of all the Disney deluxe resorts.
Skyway to Wonderland has a full list of all the Star Wars canon novels, for those who love to read and are also Star Wars fans!
The only character meal currently running at Disney World right now is breakfast at Topolino’s Terrace, and Tom from Disney Tourist Blog has a full recap of this new modified character experience.
What Disney news are you most interested in this month?
Debbie Kolacki says
Country Bear Jamboree is outdated? Lol
Patricia Conte says
What a great resource! (and half pound cookies?! wowza!) I hadn’t heard that Cirque de Soleil filed bankruptcy. I’m so over COVID-19! 🙁
Morgan @ Baby Got Balance says
It’s so interesting to see how they’re attempting to update parts of the park that are *ahem* outdated.
Indya Shaw says
Wow, there is a LOT happening in the Disney world right now! A lot of uncertainty, which is sad, as I know Disney brings so much joy to a lot of people. I like that they’re trying to make things right and make better choices in the future though!
I had no clue that the NBA teams were being housed at the resorts. That’s fantastic. I think it’s so strange, knowing that Disney is still closed. But I’m sure things will change in the near future. I’m glad to hear of Song of the South being removed from Splash Mountain. A lot of Twitter was asking for it to be replaced with a Princess and the Frog ride, and I love that idea! Glad to know it’s happening!
Alix Maza says
I love reading about all the Disney news and rumors! I heard that Cirque de Soliel was in trouble before too…
The Animation Commendation says
What was racist about the County Bear Jamboree? I hate it, lol, but don’t remember what was racist about it.