Welcome to 2020! There are lots of exciting Disney things on the horizon. For me personally, I head down to Disney World next week to tackle the Dopey Challenge! Because yes, I’m crazy. I’m hoping to get on Rise of the Resistance again while I’m down there and enjoy more time at Disney Springs. In the next year Disney has a number of new attractions and restaurants opening, new shows, exciting new movies, and a whole bunch of great stuff coming to Disney+!
- If you’re a DVC owner or rent DVC points, Disney will be changing some things up for 2021. You can see the details of the new “seasons” and how many points it will cost to stay at certain times of the year here.
- The Disney Springs area hotels have become increasingly popular places to stay, as they get many of the same perks as Disney resorts – and now another one is being built, the Drury Plaza Hotel. No opening date yet.
- Baby Yoda merchandise is here! Find phone cases, socks, spirit jerseys, and more available in the parks and online.
- Beaches and Cream Soda Shop at the Beach Club underwent a major refurbishment, but it is now re-open with a bigger space, bigger menu, and the same delicious ice cream!
- Disneyland’s new parade, Magic Happens, will premiere on February 28th.
- Disney has once again extended its park hours at Hollywood Studios, at least until January 11th – it will be opening at 7am instead of 8am.
- City Works will be opening in Disney Springs sometime this month – if you read my review of it you know this is one you’ll want to look into!
- An M&M store will also be coming to Disney Springs, set to open sometime in 2020.
- The Avengers Campus in Disneyland’s California Adventure will definitely be opening sometime this summer!
- The new Minnie Mouse attraction merchandise collection is pretty adorable – I can’t wait to see some of the other months!
- If you’ll be attending the Flower and Garden festival, make sure you check the line-up of bands performing in the Garden Rocks! concert series!
Hollywood Studios // With new rides, it seems likely that Hollywood Studios will eventually revamp their fastpass system and tiers. Most rumors put Rise of the Resistance, Smuggler’s Run, Slinky Dog, Toy Story Mania, and Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway all in the top tier.
Fastpasses // Speaking of fastpasses, speculation is that the system will be changed for the 50th anniversary, with so many new “big” attractions opening (Tron, Ratatouille, Guardians of the Galaxy). The most persistent rumor is that there will be a charge to get tier 1 fastpasses.
Epcot // Spaceship Earth was rumored to be closing for a major refurb by the beginning of 2020, but it’s still going for now. Rumors now say that the closure will begin sometime in the spring, possibly in April.
Other Disney Blogs
Curious about the new Tower Studio room at the Riviera Resort? Tom from Disney Tourist Blog has a full review and photos.
AJ at The Disney Food Blog has a look at lots of the new menu items at the newly reopened Beaches and Cream.
If you’re as obsessed with Baby Yoda as I am, you’ll love this Baby Yoda Cocktail Recipe made by Mindy at This Fairy Tale Life!
Monica from Popcorner also has these Porg cookies you could make to keep with the Star Wars theme!
For those interested in Disney history, Shane from Parkeology is detailing the 5 greatest Disney rides by decade.