It’s February, and for the past 5 years for me that’s meant it’s Disney month! This will be my 6th year attending Princess race weekend, 6th year running the Enchanted 10k, and 5th year in a row running the half marathon/challenge. Disney just keeps drawing me back with their magic, and I can’t wait to experience some new things to share with you all. Lined up for this trip I have the new signature meal at Be Our Guest, Star Wars dessert party, breakfast at the Plaza, staying at Coronado Springs for the first time, and lunch at the Boathouse! Yeah, it’s a lot of food related activity.
- Now you can get Mickey ice cream bars outside of the parks… they’re appearing in local grocery stores!
- A new DVC policy went into effect on January 19th that will impact people looking to buy resale – basically, now when you purchase a resale DVC contract you will only be able to use your points at one of the already existing DVC properties. That means you won’t be able to stay at the Riviera they are currently building or anything that might come in the future.
- Are you going to miss Illuminations? Enjoy it one last time with an Illuminations dining package at Rose and Crown.
- Alex and Ani has introduced an adorable collection of Disney food-themed bracelets! (see photo above!)
- Tickets for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party are on sale! Contact me at [email protected] if you’re interested in purchasing – if you use me as your free travel agent you get a special gift!
- Continuing with making live action films, Disney has announced it will be tackling the Hunchback of Notre Dame as a future live action movie.
- There is now an official opening date for Lightning McQueen’s Racer Academy – March 31st, 2019.
- Disney’s Riviera Resort is now accepting reservations, with stays beginning in December 2019.
- Kevin from Up will soon be making special appearances in Animal Kingdom!
- A Zootopia themed expansion is coming to Shanghai Disneyland.
- The Maleficent Dragon is returning to the Festival of Fantasy parade!
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge // Though an opening date hasn’t been announced yet, there’s still a rumor that they may sell preview tickets like they did at Pixar Pier in Disneyland. Those sold for around $300, and you can bet Star Wars will be more than that.
Movies // Curious about the Star Wars episode 9? Some fans are hoping that a trailer or peek will premiere during the Super Bowl this weekend.
Other Disney Blogs
Gen over at Oh Sweet Disney makes the most adorable cake inspired by Wreck-It Ralph!
Jambo Everyone shares an interesting blog post about his reaction to a quote Bob Iger made in an interview about Expedition Everest – commenting on moving towards more IP based attractions, Iger said that “It’s not like “I’m going to ride some nondescript coaster somewhere, that maybe is [themed like] India or whatever.”
Drinking around the World in Epcot and need something new for Norway? They’ve just introduced the Troll Kreme Spiked Slush, which is reviewed over at the Disney Food Blog.
The rooms at Old Key West have recently been refurbished, and Tom at Disney Tourist Blog has a bunch of photos.
Steps to Magic has a post about outdated Disney World attractions – do you agree or disagree?
Marathon Investigation has the lowdown on people who cheated during the races of Disney’s marathon weekend – why??
What Disney news are you most excited about?