We have reached the last month of 2023! Happy Holidays to all who are celebrating this month, and the new year will be here before we know it. Disney is a pretty magical time during the holidays, and although I wasn’t originally planning to be down in Disney for any of the Christmas festivities, I couldn’t resist when they announced Jollywood Nights happening this year. So in about a week I’ll be going down for a short 3 day trip to check out all of the holiday fun!
- Official dates for 2024’s Epcot International Festival of the Arts are January 12-February 19. It’s one of my favorite things in Epcot!
- A new statue of Walt called “Walt the Dreamer” will be revealed in Epcot on December 5th.
- If you’ll be in any of the Disney parks this month, be sure to check out all of the great holiday food and drink items that will be available!
- “Disneyland After Dark” will be returning for 2024, with lots of fun themes planned including Sweethearts Nite, Star wars Nite, Pride Nite, and more.
- Also in 2024, Disneyland will see the reopening of Fantasmic – that will be returning on May 24.
- Jollywood Nights has started in Hollywood Studios – and while the first night sounded like a disaster, it seems Disney has improved some things (my fingers are crossed, as I’ll be there in two weeks!).
- The Hatbox Ghost has finally made his appearance at the Haunted Mansion at the Magic Kingdom in Florida – be on the lookout for him next time you’re there!
- Over in Shanghai, a new Zootopia themed land has opened.
- Disney’s newest animated movie, Wish, opened at the end of November – but it wasn’t exactly a box office hit.
Epcot // Now that at least some of the construction walls in Epcot have come down and they are wrapping up that area of work, there are rumors about which area of Epcot might be next up for improvements. One rumor I’ve heard? Now that Disney seems to be embracing Figment again, is it finally time for that ride to get an update (one that it apparently deserves)?
Movies // We already know we are getting a Frozen 3, but is Disney already planning for Frozen 4? During a press conference at the opening of the new Frozen themed land in Hong Kong Disney, Bob Iger was quoted as saying “Frozen 3 is in the works and there might be a Frozen 4 in the works too.”
Other Disney blogs
If you’ve already read my recap of the Wine and Dine half marathon, head over to The Fairest Run of All to get a different perspective as Jenn shares her recap of the race.
Over on The Disney Tourist Blog, Tom shares his most Most Embarrassing Experiences at Disney World. I know I have a few too…
While we know that Dinoland in Animal Kingdom will be seeing major changes, we don’t have all of the details yet. Over at Mouse Hacking they share their hopes for what will happen in that space.
How many of Magic Kingdom’s secrets do you know about? Nicole at WDW Prep School shares 11 fun facts.