It’s the most wonderful (and quite possibly busiest!) time of the year! Whatever you celebrate, Disney is a great place to be during the holidays. They’ve got lots of fun things going on down in the theme parks, but if you’re more the type to stay at home and watch Christmas movies and drink hot cocoa, there are plenty of Disney Christmas movie options too! And as the Disney company gears up for 2019, there are lots of exciting things in the works.
- The new gondola system running from Art of Animation, Pop Century, and Caribbean Beach to Epcot is expected to open in the fall of 2019.
- Certain Disney meet and greets will now have a photo box installed instead of a photopass photographer.
- RunDisney has now shared the medals for Princess race weekend in 2019!
- There will be a new “Wonderful World of Animation” Nighttime Show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios (May 2019)
- From Jan. 18 to Sept. 30, 2019, Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration in Magic Kingdom will feature new food, merchandise and entertainment, including a new dance party with Mickey, Minnie and their friends.
- An update on the new nighttime show coming to Epcot in 2020: “This new show will celebrate how Disney music inspires people around the world, and will feature massive floating set pieces, custom-built LED panels, choreographed moving fountains, lights, pyrotechnics and lasers.”
- Fall 2019 will see a limited time show called “Epcot Forever,” and will feature classic Epcot tunes
- The name of the Ratatouille ride being built in France is “Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure”
- A brand new “Beauty and the Beast” sing-along will occur in the France pavilion (alongside Impressions de France)
- The names of the two rides in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be “Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run” and “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance”
- The new resort being built will be called Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge, a deluxe, nature-inspired resort coming to Orlando that will feature more than 900 hotel rooms and proposed Disney Vacation Club villas.
Disney World // People have been hoping that a new fleet of monorails would be coming soon (given how old these ones are and how often they break down), but records show that Disney has no plans to purchase new ones anytime soon, at least not with the current company they use for the monorail.
Disney World // Also in transportation news, for those concerned about the capacity of the gondola system: rumor has it that the gondolas will transport 4000-5000 people per hour each way. That’s about the equivalent of 80 totally full buses.
Hollywood Studios // It seems likely that after Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens, Disney will still be making changes to Hollywood Studios. An Indiana Jones themed land was suggested, but now rumors are circulating that they could focus more on Pixar and go with a Monsters Inc. themed land.
Other Disney Blogs
Patty over at My No Guilt Life has over 60+ Easter Eggs just from the princess scene in Ralph Breaks the Internet – if you loved that scene as much as I did you have to check this out!
Love holiday baking? Gen at Oh Sweet Disney is going to attempt to make this entire list of Disney holiday treats during the month of December – follow her progress!
If you’re curious about the newest water park over at that “other” theme park (Universal!), The Little Dismaid has a full report on Volcano Bay.
Josh at EasyWDW has full reviews of all the food booths at Epcot’s Festival of the Holidays.
Leave a Reply