We may be experiencing a “Whole New World” soon when the live action Aladdin movie comes out, but it’s been a popular story for quite awhile. Both kids and adults love the opportunity to meet the characters from Aladdin (myself included!). If you’re a fan I wanted to give you some information on where to meet them, what to say, and other places you’ll find hint of Aladdin throughout the parks.
Where to meet Aladdin and Jasmine:
- Adventureland meet and greet area
- Morocco character area
- Cinderella’s Royal Table (Jasmine only, sometimes)
- Akershus (Jasmine only, sometimes)
Where to see them:
- Festival of Fantasy parade
- Let the Magic Begin welcome show
Fun interaction ideas:
- Ask Jasmine about her pet tiger, Rajah
- Ask her where they might be going next on the magic carpet
- Ask Jasmine what she would wish for if she had the lamp instead of Aladdin
- If Jasmine is with with Aladdin, ask him what his favorite thing is about her
- Ask Aladdin if he has the lamp with him, and if not where he keeps it now
Jasmine is only found in one outfit, her blue outfit, in every location. This was changed several years ago from the one more reminiscent of the film. The new version adds long, sheer sleeves, a bodice covering her stomach, and a sheer skirt covering her pants.
Usually Aladdin is in his “street rat” outfit, with a beige shirt, purple vest, and white pants. Occasionally you’ll find him in his “Prince Ali” outfit, particularly at special events like Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party or Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
Attractions featuring Aladdin and Jasmine:
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- On Main Street, USA, there is a window display in the Emporium that has Aladdin and Jasmine
- Expect to see more signs of Aladdin and Jasmine throughout the parks soon with the new movie coming out later this month!
Have you met Aladdin or Jasmine? Are they characters you look forward to meeting?