In terms of numbers, I struggled a lot with the blog, honestly. My pageviews have been going down this whole year, but in August they just really tanked. It’s frustrating. I know from other bloggers this often happens in August when people are going on vacation and getting back to school, they don’t check blogs (or do Disney research!) as much. I’ve also heard that Pinterest has been changing their algorithms around again, and since 80% of my traffic comes from Pinterest that could be a big problem. But especially with the decline I’ve been having all year, it’s a little tough.
Otherwise, I did feel like I was consistent with blogging. I wasn’t skipping days I had planned to post something and I was pre-writing almost everything a few days ahead of time. I got extremely raw and honest with one of my most heartfelt posts I’ve done, Disney characters who made mistakes. I’m pretty proud of that one.
Let’s see how I did on those August goals:
- Make my email opt-in look presentable and ready to go (yes! Hoping to launch it this month. I worry that with the amount of time I’ve spent on it, I’ll launch it and the whole thing will just flop. But we’ll see.)
- Start the online photography course I got from Groupon (yes, two lessons down!)
- Pre-write at least 2 posts over the weekend for the coming week (most of the time I actually got this done!)
- Post the video I made using Lumen5 (I did share my “Disney Bucket List” video to facebook).
- Update 4 old blog post graphics (I did one. So not quite).
- Run at least 2 times a week, even if I feel like I have good excuses not to. It will not only be better for my physical health, but my mental health as well. (Yes, I got 8 runs done in August so 2 a week. I’d like to get myself back to running 3 days a week but it’s good progress!).
- Look into and make an appointment with a counselor/therapist. (This I didn’t do. The idea scares me a little and honestly it’s so hard for me to even know where to start to find one whom I might be comfortable with. So I’ve put it off).
- Use my planner more often to stay organized. (Kind of? I did keep track of my blog posting schedule, but didn’t use it for much else.)
September blog goals
- Launch my email opt-in incentive
- Update 4 old blog posts
- Finish the online photography course I’m taking
- Increase my pageviews from August
September personal goals
- Audition for another show (1940’s Radio Hour)
- Run 3 days a week, with the exception of the week I’m on vacation in Disney!
- Get the living room more clean and organized
- Read at least 4 books
What are your goals for the upcoming month?