I am back from Europe and Disneyland Paris! During the 8 hour plane ride home I managed to write about 8 or 9 blog posts about Disneyland Paris, so I’ll be sharing those in this upcoming month. I’m curious if there’s anything you want to know about in particular and I’ll be happy to share!
Plus, this month, for real, my book is going to be published. I was playing around with format and pricing – I was really hoping to be able to do it in color to share all the great photos I have, but the price would have been really high to do that. So I’m sticking with black and white in the hopes of making it more affordable for people interested in The Educational Guide to Walt Disney World. I’m hoping to premiere it next week, as long as it gets reviewed and proofed in time.
In personal news, I have another pretty exciting announcement. After working part time at the library for 3 years, I finally applied for and was offered a full time children’s librarian position. This is a huge step, and I’m very excited, but it may mean some changes in how I handle the blog, at least while I adjust to the new job. I’m going to be cutting back on travel agent stuff for the time being. I’m glad I pre-wrote so many posts now, but I may not be posting every weekday like I normally do.
Let’s see how I did on my September goals!
- Create monthly checklist (nope, I’m very much slacking on this)
- Update fall/Halloween posts (yes! updated photos and shared to Pinterest)
- Make a list of all the continuous posts/series I have on the blog (no but I still really want to do this)
- Do a deep clean/organization of the kitchen (we started this but it kind of fell apart after we went on vacation)
- Complete the Disneyland Paris half marathon! (yes, read my recap here!)
- Book room and dining for Princess half weekend in February (I’m booked at All-Star Sports and I’ve made one reservation so far – lunch at Be Our Guest. Trying to figure out where else I want to eat!!)
October Blog Goals
- Publish and share the Educational Guide to Walt Disney World
- Create a monthly checklist
- Make a list of all the continuous posts/series I have on the blog
- Plan some Christmas/winter holiday posts
October personal goals
- Get settled into my new job and tie up the loose ends on my old job
- Put up Halloween decorations
- Use mint.com to get a better idea of our finances/budget
- Read at least 5 books
- Paint at least one pumpkin
Last month I got about 50% of my goals done. Let’s hope for better this month!
What are you aiming to do in the month of October?