It’s been a crazy busy month for me! In the beginning of September I was in Disneyland, and this last week of September I’ve been in dress rehearsals until almost midnight every night for my play that opens tomorrow! October should be fun, with performances the first two weekends and then holiday stuff at the end of the month. Plus I’m running the Hershey half marathon on October 18th! The blog has been doing well – Pinterest has helped a couple of my posts gain popularity and I’m feeling good!
Let’s see how I did with my September goals:
- Work on and promote Pinterest (success! Grew my Pinterest and saw a lot of traffic from it this month)
- Learn more about Periscope and Stumble Upon (semi-successful – I worked with Periscope only to discover that I don’t think it’s the right social media for me. I have yet to do much with Stumble Upon).
- Continue my training for the Hershey half marathon on Oct. 18th (success – I’ve stuck with it aside from missing maybe a 30 minute run here or there, but I got all my long runs in!)
- Get my house cleaned and create a cleaning schedule (mostly fail. I got it cleaned but then it got messy again, and I haven’t created a cleaning schedule).
So now on to my October goals:
- Continue working with Pinterest, including the Pinterest Challenge on facebook
- Learn more about Stumble Upon
- Improve photography for blog photos
- Create blogging business cards
- Complete the Hershey half marathon
- Make a cleaning schedule
- The Aladdin stage show at Disney’s California Adventure will be closing and replaced by a Frozen stage show.
- Disney has announced that they are making a new Mary Poppins film – no star announced yet but rumors have mentioned Emily Blunt or Anne Hathaway.
- Apparently a tsum tsum subscription box is in the works! I know I’ll be getting this one!
- The name change is official: Downtown Disney is now Disney Springs! Hopefully I don’t make too many slip ups here on the blog!
- This is officially the last year for the incredible Osborne Lights display at Hollywood Studios. If you get a chance to see it this Christmas, do it!
- The newest teaser trailer for the live action Jungle Book movie is out!
- There’s another new dessert party – the Ferrytale Wishes fireworks cruise, taking place on board the ferry. If you ask me, the prices of these things are getting a little excessive!
Other Disney Blogs
I love this list from Buzzfeed – 16 of the Best things to ever happen at a Disney Store.
You might know I love making race costumes, so I really enjoyed reading about how Sarah over at Sarah Says made her Rapunzel running hair. I might be borrowing this idea for February!
Tamara over at Pixie Dust Required shares a super sweet post about Disney through the eyes of her child.
The new Muppet show has come out, and some people are critical of it being more for adults than kids. The blog Pure Imagination has an excellent article explaining why this version is more like what the Muppets were intended to be rather than what you might be used to.