Phew, what a month it’s been. I’m still adjusting to my new job. I started on October 10th and because we haven’t hired a replacement for my old position I’m kind of doing the work of two jobs right now. I won’t lie, it’s exhausting. But even though last month I mentioned that I might cut back on blog posts, that really hasn’t been the case. Why? Because I just love blogging. Writing blog posts is what I want to do with my free time, so I’ve still been writing whenever I get the chance.
I was able to share some Halloween/autumn posts last month, and I’m excited to start working on Christmas stuff – as well as a new gift guide for this year! It’s a busy time of year coming up, but also one of my favorites.
Let’s take a look back at my October goals and see how I did!
- Publish and share the Educational Guide to Walt Disney World (done! Check it out!)
- Create a monthly checklist (nope.)
- Make a list of all the continuous posts/series I have on the blog (mostly done!)
- Plan some Christmas/winter holiday posts (I at least have a couple of ideas, have to write them now!)
- Get settled into my new job and tie up the loose ends on my old job (kind of? We’d hoped to have hired someone by Thanksgiving but they haven’t even posted the job opening yet. Sooo I’m feeling really overwhelmed right now trying to do the tasks of both jobs).
- Put up Halloween decorations (got most of them up, so that’s a win!)
- Use mint.com to get a better idea of our finances/budget (we’ve been tracking, though I need to pay more attention to it)
- Read at least 5 books (I read 7 books this month! I really got into some great audiobooks. I read Better Nate than Ever, Five Six Seven Nate, The Great American Whatever, Absolutely Almost, Pax, Snow White: A Graphic Novel, and The Handbook to Weeding – that one was for work).
- Paint at least one pumpkin (Done! Take a look at my Inside Out pumpkin!)
November Blog Goals
- Create a monthly checklist
- Select bloggers to give review copies of my book to so they can review it on their blogs
- Look into using the app Plann for instagram
- Have 1300 instagram followers
- Reorganize the tabs on my blog and make certain types of posts easier to find (trip planning, recipes, DIY, etc.)
- Plan a “Disney stocking stuffer” giveaway for December
- Update old holiday posts
November Personal Goals
- Finish Christmas shopping by December 1st
- Create and order Christmas cards
- Start back up with voice lessons and pick an audition song for Godspell
- Get the bedroom clean and organized
- Stick to my marathon training plan for the month
Even with the busyness going on, I did really well with my goals this month. Here’s hoping I can keep it up!
What are your goals for the month of November?