The past month was super busy here at Disney in your Day! Thanks to a trip to the World in early October, I had a ton of content to write about for the blog. Plus, in my personal life I am performing in the musical Sweeney Todd, which just opened in mid-October and runs for four weekends! So it’s been pretty non-stop for me.
Disney in your Day news
There are lots of exciting things I’ve written about from my past trip, including the Food and Wine Festival, Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, and the Tower of Terror 10 miler. But there’s also more things to come that I experienced: the expo for the race, the Villains Bash, and staying the Villas at the Grand Floridian, just to name a few!
I’ve started race training for the Glass Slipper Challenge, so those updates will be coming. And a new restaurant tournament will be up shortly!
- Disney is trying to shake up Fastpass again by doing a test where only FP+ holders will be able to ride Toy Story Mania. There will be no standby line, and I don’t like this one bit. Food is meeting the same fate – Be Our Guest is doing a test run for lunch with the same policies.
- 2014 is a sad year for Pixar fans, because they are not releasing a movie. However, the first teaser trailer for next year’s film, Inside Out, has been released!
- As someone who really enjoyed it, I’m so bummed to see that according to RunDisney’s calendar, they won’t be doing a Tower of Terror 10 miler in 2015. Hopefully it will be back in the future!
- We have an opening date and a menu for the new Disney restaurant Trattoria al Forno!
- A new comic based on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad? Sounds pretty cool to me!
- Disney has announced its 2016 animated feature, called Moana. Check out the link at Inspired by DIS for the synopsis.
- Okay, this is big. The sorcerer’s hat is being removed from Hollywood Studios! Are you happy or sad about it?
- Two new restaurants have been announced for the new Disney Springs (currently Downtown Disney). I am super excited about the Morimoto restaurant and can’t wait to see a menu for that!
Other Disney blogs
On Rocket News 24, someone has posted their drawings of what our favorite Disney characters might look like in human form. While definitely a bit odd at first, some of them are very cool and spot on with the character!
One of my favorite topics, Disney cupcakes, is discussed over at A Pinch of Pixie Dust. She has a complete list (and pictures!) of all of the cupcakes from 2014!
These tips on maximizing the Disney Dining Plan are invaluable if you’re planning to use it – thank you, WDW Prep School!