Well, I didn’t think that things could get worse than they were in March and April, but it seems May came around to prove me wrong! The beginning of May was okay – my anxiety calmed down a little, we celebrated my husband’s birthday, I continued making margaritas. Then the last week happened and I’ve just felt exhausted. I haven’t been able to write anything and my mind won’t focus at all.
On top of that, next week I go back into work for my job. I won’t lie, I’m a little nervous about interacting with people again after all the fear of being around people. We will still socially distance and wear masks, but it still feels a little scary. It will just be my co-workers at first, but in a few weeks we will slowly start welcoming the public back again. I’m just trying to take it one day at a time.
All of that to say I don’t know what the blog will look like for June. And you know what? That’s okay. Having goals and getting stuff done is good, but sometimes you need a break. I may not have the energy to write much. Or I might find that writing is the best way to give myself the distractions that I need. Only time will tell, but I hope you all will be along for the ride. And I’ll continue to set some goals without the pressure to achieve them, so that if I do feel motivated I’ll have some direction of what I want to do.
- Update 4 old blog posts (I got around to updating two of them)
- Create a video for YouTube (I finally found an editing software I like and made a video!)
- finish recording trip planning audio (I actually recorded A LOT of audio but not all of it!)
- Finish SEO course (it is done!)
- Run a half marathon on Jim Thorpe weekend (the half I was originally signed up for) (ran my 13.1 miles!)
- clean the library (done, and the hallway)
- Walk at least 5500 steps every day (yes, and I’ve increased to 6500 – hoping to get 7000 every day in June)
- Make a DIY project (I started making some headbands but haven’t really finished that project)
June blog goals
- Update 4 old blog posts
- Complete a lesson in my photography course
- Finish recording trip planning audio
June personal goals
- clean the upstairs hallway and reorganize the laundry room
- train for a run 13.1 miles the weekend of June 19, when I should have been doing the Brew City half marathon
- Meal plan and prep every Sunday so I’m ready for the week
Do you have any goals for the month of June?
The Animation Commendation says
Stay safe with going back to work!