Well, I didn’t think that things could get worse than they were in March and April, but it seems May came around to prove me wrong! The beginning of May was okay – my anxiety calmed down a little, we celebrated my husband’s birthday, I continued making margaritas. Then the last week happened and I’ve just felt exhausted. I haven’t been able to write anything and my mind won’t focus at all.
On top of that, next week I go back into work for my job. I won’t lie, I’m a little nervous about interacting with people again after all the fear of being around people. We will still socially distance and wear masks, but it still feels a little scary. It will just be my co-workers at first, but in a few weeks we will slowly start welcoming the public back again. I’m just trying to take it one day at a time.
All of that to say I don’t know what the blog will look like for June. And you know what? That’s okay. Having goals and getting stuff done is good, but sometimes you need a break. I may not have the energy to write much. Or I might find that writing is the best way to give myself the distractions that I need. Only time will tell, but I hope you all will be along for the ride. And I’ll continue to set some goals without the pressure to achieve them, so that if I do feel motivated I’ll have some direction of what I want to do.
- Update 4 old blog posts (I got around to updating two of them)
- Create a video for YouTube (I finally found an editing software I like and made a video!)
- finish recording trip planning audio (I actually recorded A LOT of audio but not all of it!)
- Finish SEO course (it is done!)
- Run a half marathon on Jim Thorpe weekend (the half I was originally signed up for) (ran my 13.1 miles!)
- clean the library (done, and the hallway)
- Walk at least 5500 steps every day (yes, and I’ve increased to 6500 – hoping to get 7000 every day in June)
- Make a DIY project (I started making some headbands but haven’t really finished that project)
June blog goals
- Update 4 old blog posts
- Complete a lesson in my photography course
- Finish recording trip planning audio
June personal goals
- clean the upstairs hallway and reorganize the laundry room
- train for a run 13.1 miles the weekend of June 19, when I should have been doing the Brew City half marathon
- Meal plan and prep every Sunday so I’m ready for the week
Do you have any goals for the month of June?