It’s June, and that makes me happy! After having a horrible start to 2017 and a fairly horrible 4 1/2 months, I finally feel like a normal human being again. I’ve had lots of rehearsals for Chicago, and we now open this Friday. It’s going to be a good show and I’m super excited about it. I’m also just a little bit sad because it’s been a truly amazing experience with wonderful people involved, and in less than a month it will be over. I’m normally pretty good at ending shows and moving on but I have a feeling this one will be tough. I ran 3 races in the past month but I don’t have anything coming up for the summer so I’ll have to be diligent about running despite not having something specific to train for.
We spent about 5 days in Williamsburg, and I’ll be sharing some of the details in blog posts (especially about Busch Gardens for the theme park lovers!). I’m hoping to see both Pirates of the Caribbean and Cars 3 when it comes out, so there should be some movie news on the blog. And I’ve got 3 trips coming up in the next couple of months to plan for – D23 and Disneyland, a quick weekend trip to WDW in August to check out Pandora, and then a week long anniversary trip in September! Lots of Disney to look forward to!
May 2017 goals
Let’s see how I did with my May goals:
- Read 4 blog posts I saved on Pinterest (yes – I read one or two about Tailwind that wasn’t super helpful, one about Pinterest that was rather outdated, one on an app I’d never heard of called Flipboard)
- Format my email opt-in so it’s ready for release (nope, didn’t even touch this)
- Create a facebook ad for my book (again, no)
- Finish 2 e-courses I’m in the middle of (one on email incentives/marketing and one on sponsored travel) (no – but I’m about 75% through both courses and I kind of feel like I got all of the information I needed from them. So I guess I don’t *have* to complete them.)
- Just get through the month. I can’t really set personal goals this month because it’s been such a struggle recently. I just want to try and get in a better mental state to be able to tackle the things that I used to do. (I can say I am feeling MUCH better starting off June than I did starting off May! It seems like things are finally turning around!)
- Have a good time on our Williamsburg vacation! (We had a great time at Busch Gardens, Colonial Williamsburg, and some wineries – I’ll be sharing some of the details in a blog post!)
June 2017 blog goals
- Format my email opt-in so it’s ready for release
- Make at least 1 video using Lumen 5
- Start the online photography course I bought from Groupon
- Get better about responding to comments sooner – I’ve been slacking on that
June 2017 personal goals
- Read at least 5 books (I got a ton of new books at BookExpo that I’m dying to read!)
- Create a cleaning plan for the house and donate at least 2 boxes of stuff
- Host a board game night (we haven’t done a real one in ages)
- Create a plan for D23
- Figure out a training plan for the Hershey Half Marathon in October
What are your goals for the month?