Remember when I said back in June I was having a rough time and wasn’t sure how much I would actually get done? You’ll see that reflected in my goals, because I really didn’t hit any of my blogging goals for the month. But that’s okay – just surviving the past few weeks is good enough.
I’ve started back at work and it’s been exhausting. We’re doing curbside pickup, and it’s great to see so many people excited to borrow books again… but with 80% of our staff furloughed that leaves only 9 of us to run the entire library. The phones are ringing nonstop, we are constantly running out to cars, and there’s just so much to do. They are talking about opening the building to the public later this month which makes me very nervous too.
One of my blog goals has been to finish my trip planning course that I’ve been working on for a year. And I don’t feel motivated to do it right now because frankly, it’s somewhat useless with the current state of things. So much has changed at Disney for the time being with COVID that info on the dining plans, fastpass+, fireworks shows, character meets, etc., won’t be relevant for the next 6 months to a year. Even when things do go “back to normal” there will probably be some changes and I’ll have to make updates. It’s hard when something I’ve been working on so much is kind of all for nothing right now.
- Update 4 old blog posts (I think I updated 2?)
- Complete a lesson in my photography course (nope)
- Finish recording trip planning audio (no, I didn’t do a thing)
- clean the upstairs hallway and reorganize the laundry room (half done – hallway cleaned, working on laundry room)
- train for a run 13.1 miles the weekend of June 19, when I should have been doing the Brew City half marathon (I decided to do 10 miles instead because I’ve been doing a half every month since January – I think my body needs a little bit of a break, and the 10 felt really good).
- Meal plan and prep every Sunday so I’m ready for the week (this I’ve actually been pretty good about sticking to because it really lowers my stress levels)
- Update 4 old blog posts
- Better organize my older content
- Complete a lesson in my photography course
- Finish recording trip planning audio
- Find more guest posting opportunities
July Personal Goals
- Reorganize the laundry room
- Finish making headbands and masks
- Complete my 28 day ab challenge
Do you have any goals for the month of July?