I know that I just posted my yearly goals last week, but I didn’t want to neglect making mini goals for January too. And of course checking up on my December goals – I can’t let those slip away! Big goals for the year are good, but in order to achieve them I need to break them down into monthly goals as well.
The beginning of January started out well for the blog with some higher pageviews than I’ve been seeing. Then this past weekend things seriously plummeted. I can’t seem to figure out why this is happening. I’m trying not to be discouraged, but when I have such high hopes and ideas for the blog this year, it’s hard not to let this bother me.
I’ve also got a reader survey going right now so I can try to create content that I’m both passionate about and that readers actually want. It’s open until January 15th and if you fill it out you’ll be entered to win a $25 Disney gift card, so I’d love your feedback!
Let’s see how I did with my December goals:
- Finish the Social Media Superheroes course (done! It’s clear the course is older and so some of it isn’t as relevant, but I got a couple of good ideas from it)
- Send out an end of the year reader survey (Survey is up and I’d love your feedback!)
- Reach 2,000 instagram followers (I’m currently at 1965!) (Success, I finished the year at 2086!)
- Finish my master list of trip planning resources (I’ve got a list in Google docs – now to put it together into one handy blog post)
- Memorize my lines for Act 2 (Funny story – okay, not funny – our show got postponed until April. We haven’t had rehearsals for a few weeks, I don’t really know what’s happening, but I certainly don’t need to worry about my lines much right now.)
- Pick out 3 songs to sing for auditions for “Broadway Sings” (Picked them, sang them, got in the show!)
- Finish my Run Streak (run at least 1 mile every day between Thanksgiving and New Year’s) (Nope. After about 10 days I realized this time of year is just too crazy and my sanity was more important. I think I made the right call.)
- Donate at least 2 boxes of stuff I don’t need (Partially done. I’ve got stuff in boxes, now I just need to actually pack them up and donate them).
January blog goals
- Create a resource guide with all of my trip planning resources
- Complete the Step up your Social Media course I signed up for
- Analyze the results of my reader survey
- Redo my blogging binder
- Start a brainstorming list for an online trip planning course
January personal goals
- Complete all of the runs for my training plan this month
- Get the downstairs of my house cleaned and decluttered
- Read 4 books
What are your goals this month?