I’m ready to start a new year – a new decade. I felt like I started 2019 strong in many ways. I did a lot of great work for the blog, I stuck to healthy choices in both food and exercise, and I was just generally feeling pretty good. Then around the end of February things really felt like they fell apart and I’ve been struggling to feel back on track since then.
Despite the amount of time and increased funds I put into the blog pageviews still seem to slowly go down. I know I have a lot of people who really like the blog, and I love writing it. But it would still be nice to try and get things on the up-tick again.
In 2020 my hope is to leave behind some of the more negative things about the last two years: I’d like to say goodbye to running injuries (a sprained toe had me out of running for almost two months this summer). I didn’t get into any of the theater shows I’ve auditioned for and haven’t been able to be part of a production since summer 2018 (I was previously doing about 2 or 3 shows a year). Maybe it’s time to move on from theater, I don’t know.
I want to focus on me. I know this is a little cliche but I think there are things I could work on to be happier with myself. I want to get better at saying no to things. I want to do things on my own and not feel like I need another person there all the time. I want to work hard at my running and maybe increase my speed a bit. So there’s a lot to cover in 2020 but hopefully we can make at least some of it happen.
A look back at 2019 goals:
- Complete the online SEO course I purchased (I hate that I didn’t finish this and want to make it a goal for next year)
- Create at least 5 designs to add to my Redbubble shop (yes – you can find them here!)
- Find ways to advertise and increase my work as a travel agent more (I have tried to integrate it into the blog more and started a separate email list – I think it is helping)
- Switch my domain from Bluehost to Siteground (done!)
- Finish creating and market my trip planning course (nope. It’s way more intensive than I expected)
- Organize all of my Disney photos to make them easier to find for blog posts (I did a lot towards this so I’m going to count it as a win)
- Have 10,000 followers on Pinterest (I am at 12.8k, so yay!)
- Have 3,000 followers on instagram (I am realllly close on this one – ended up with about 2,915).
- Have 3,000 followers on facebook (nope, didn’t quite hit 2700)
- Hit 2,500 email subscribers (I just hit 3,000 by the end of the year!)
- Run 500 miles in the year (pretty proud as I actually hit about 680!)
- Read 52 books (It was a rough year for reading! I read 33. Part of this may be because I was listening to the Hamilton soundtrack so much while driving instead of audiobooks).
- Get the house organized and purge the junk (the great purge continues. But I do think things are looking better)
- Explore ways to deal with my anxiety and depression (therapy, essential oils, etc.) (kind of. It’s still a struggle many days. But I’ve generally found that a combination of good sleep, medication, and running has helped a lot).
- Organize my photos and back up all files (I got most of my photos organized and I have to remember to do that backup!)
- Find ways to love myself more (in some ways, but I know this is something I can work on more)
2020 blog goals
- Finish the SEO course
- Complete a photography course I purchased
- Finish the printables and audio for my trip planning course
- Increase my monthly pageviews – if I’m struggling, look into options for how to work on this
- Use my planner to stay organized
- Finish labeling and naming all of the photos on my blog
- Update 20 old blog posts
- Have 20,000 Pinterest followers
- Have 4,000 email subscribers
2020 personal goals
- Complete the Dopey Challenge!
- Complete the Resolve to Run winter challenge (275 miles from Jan 1-March 21)
- Possibly: Run one half marathon a month
- Get the upstairs of my house organized to where I want it to be… if that is done, tackle the basement
- Read 50 books
- Plan a few things that are just for me
- Stay on track with healthy eating by using the calendar I bought
What are your goals for 2020?