Who’s ready for fall? It’s just around the corner now and I’m looking forward to cooler running weather, pumpkin bake goods, and making more chili and soup. Since we’ve got more time at home I’m creating some Disney inspired fall recipes and crafts to share on the blog – I’ve already put up a Disney fall bucket list with ideas you can do all from home!
- Pixar announced a new film for summer 2021 called Luca, about a boy living on the Italian Riviera whose new best friend actually turns out to be a sea monster.
- Disney+ now has over 60.5 million subscribers and will be releasing the live action Mulan film directly to Disney+ on September 4th… for the additional cost of $29.95.
- A new show called the Magic of Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be coming to Disney+ on September 25th.
- Halloween is still coming to Disney World is some form! While Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party has been canceled, they will still be having special fall treats available for purchase and adults will be allowed to wear costumes to Magic Kingdom during the day!
- The Polynesian resort will not reopen until summer 2021 (though the DVC sections are open). The rooms are getting a Moana-themed refurb.
- A new Haunted Mansion movie is the works, with the writer of Ghostbusters and the producers of the live action Aladdin involved.
- EA is releasing a new expansion pack for the Sims 4 that will take you to the world of Batuu!
- In extremely sad news, Chadwick Boseman, the actor who played Black Panther, has passed away from colon cancer.
Hollywood Studios // With a couple of other attractions seeing permanent closures, rumor has it that Voyage of the Little Mermaid will not be reopening.
Disney World // There has been a lot of speculation that the park pass system (the requirement to sign up for which park you’re going to go to on what day) might be sticking around longer than we expected. Josh D’Amaro said in an interview “The technology doesn’t only help us during a time of a pandemic, but I also think it actually leads to a better cast and guest experience. So these are things that are helping us now, but I think they’re here to stay.” Some people are taking this to mean that the park pass system will stick around – but I think he was probably referring to other technologies. Once the pandemic is over, it doesn’t really make sense for Disney financially or from the guest experience to keep it around.
Other Disney Blogs
Are you participating in a RunDisney event but unsure of the cutoffs for proof of time submissions? Jenn from Fairest Run of All has a list of all of the deadlines!
April from Pixie Dust Savings has this adorable Princess and the Frog trivia game that you can print and play yourself at home!
Have a fun time watching Disney movies at home with the family with this printable Disney Movie bingo from Kimberly at Savvy Mama Lifestyle!
What Disney news are you most excited about this month?