Fall is an exciting time for Disney – they waste no time in getting the Halloween festivities going, with Mickey’s No So Scary Halloween Party starting on August 17th! The Epcot Food and Wine Festival also started on August 30th, and then once we hit November it will be time for the Christmas decorations to go up. While I’m missing out on Halloween this year, I’m excited for my girls trip coming up in November!
- It may be early September, but Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party started on August 17th. The snacks and merchandise both look amazing!
- During the Halloween party the citrus swirl is available in a cone – and it’s orange!
- The tiger cubs Anala and Jeda in Animal Kingdom both celebrated their 1st birthday this past month.
- Early Morning Magic will be offered at Toy Story Land in Hollywood Studios for an extra fee.
- This month we got a peek into the Tropical Hideaway, a new restaurant coming to Disneyland.
- We also got a peek into the new restaurant coming to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. It’s called Oga’s Cantina and it will be serving alcohol at both Hollywood Studios and Disneyland (and will be the first place aside from Club 33 to serve alcohol in that park).
- Artist Point will be converted from a signature dining experience to a character meal featuring Snow White, Dopey, and Grumpy.
Food // It seems likely that Mickey’s Backyard BBQ may be closing down. Reservations are not available past 2018, so there is a lot of speculation that it will either be ending completely or re-done into a different experience.
TV // With Disney’s new streaming service, we can expect to see lots of new Disney shows, including spin-offs of High School Musical and Monsters Inc. Rumor has it we may also get a new Muppets television show!
Universal // With the popularity of RunDisney events, it’s not a surprise that Universal has apparently applied for a trademark for the phrase “Running Universal.” Does this mean Universal will start its own race series? Perhaps we’ll see some Harry Potter themed races!
Other Disney Blogs
Are you a fan of Fantasia 2000 and interested in learning more about some of the shorts? Jenn from the Fairest Run of All has a fascinating look at Rhapsody in Blue!
A look inside the original version of the 1740 Beauty and the Beast on the tumblr of Emily Sidhe is both fascinating and hilarious.
If you’re heading to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party this year, Josh from Easy WDW gives a recap and guide to considering the crowds and wait times at the party.
Mindy from This Fairy Tale Life shares some fun Disney wedding guest book ideas. I love the Tangled and Up ones!
What Disney news are you most excited about this month?