Happy October! As Disney ends its fiscal year we see some interesting news popping up – particularly about cutting entertainment or other cost saving measures, like replacing photopass photographers with photo boxes. At the same time, prices are increasing everywhere which means that a lot of Disney fans are unhappy with many of these changes. I do think Disney is kind of pushing the envelope at this point and it may only be a matter of time before they hit some sort of breaking point… but we’ll see.
- We got a look at the ride vehicles for the new Guardians of the Galaxy roller coaster – I’m excited for this one!
- A lot of the entertainment at Disney was cut recently, including the Muppets Great Moments in American History, Burudika in Animal Kingdom, and Royal Majesty Makers.
- A change for people looking to buy into DVC: Disney will now require a minimum of 100 points to get a DVC membership card, rather than 75 points.
- The price of the Magic Kingdom dessert party has increased once again.
- Magic Kingdom has a new sign at the entrance of Tomorrowland.
- Lots of great new things are coming to Disneyland Paris, including a Marvel themed hotel, new Avengers campus coming to the theme parks, and a Frozen themed area and show.
- Some of the indoor character meet and greets have lost their human photographers – replaced instead by “photo boxes.” This has caused a lot of upset fans and a petition has been started.
- Need something else to do in Hollywood Studios? Mickey shorts will now be playing in the Mickey Shorts Theater.
- A new nighttime show will begin at Epcot tonight (October 1st) called Epcot Forever.
- The Skyliner transportation system just opened this past week and so far has been going well.
- The 2020 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival will run next year from March 4th-June 1st.
- Lots of new plant based dishes will be coming to menus at Disney restaurants this month, which is good news for vegetarians and vegans!
- The Holiday Kitchens and the Holiday Cookie Stroll will be back in Epcot this year.
Disney World // It seems likely that Disney will start charging to exchange fuel rods. Signs on the machine have been changed recently so it no longer says “unlimited swaps.”
Magic Kingdom // Now that the Main Street Electrical Parade is ending at Disneyland, rumors are circulating that it could be going back to Florida – it’s been awhile since they’ve had a nighttime parade.
Resorts // Disney recently stated that strollers and ECVs cannot be delivered to the resorts unless the guest is there to meet them – bell services will no longer hold these items. So far groceries can still be delivered to bell services, but rumors are strong that it will only be a matter of time before they change this rule too.
Other Disney Blogs
Headed to the Epcot Food and Wine Festival and not sure what to eat? Tom from the Disney Tourist Blog has his list of the best items at this year’s food and wine festival.
With many of the changes happening at Disney lately, April from Pixie Dust Savings has some interesting thoughts in her post Is Disney losing its magic touch?
Over at This Fairy Tale Life, Mindy has some behind the scenes info about the new Frozen 2 movie!