As I’m hitting publish on this post, I’m at the airport waiting to head down to Disney World! For me, I’m hopeful this will be a great trip – I need a re-do from my trip in April when I was there for less than 24 hours before coming down with strep and spending the majority of vacation feeling terrible in my hotel room. This time around I’m going with awesome friends, I’ll be running the Wine and Dine half marathon, and of course visiting Food and Wine Festival!
- Beginning Jan. 9, 2024, guests at Walt Disney World with a ticket with Park Hopper benefits or an Annual Pass will be able to once again visit another theme park at any time of day during park hours (subject to capacity limitations).
- The newest Disney Cruise Ship still in production has recently announced all three of their big stage shows: the Disney Treasure will have Beauty and the Beast, Disney Seas the Adventure, and a brand new Moana musical called “The Tale of Moana.”
- Something else the Treasure will have? A Haunted Mansion themed bar!
- Harambe Market in Animal Kingdom is getting a bunch of new menu items, including chicken and shrimp rice bowls, and beef and lamb kofta pita, an impossible kotfa pita, a new salad, and a mango passion fruit cheesecake.
- Animal Kingdom also has a variety of new breakfast items coming out to a variety of their quick service places, plus some other new lunch and dinner offerings. Sounds like Animal Kingdom might be the place to eat!
- RunDisney has some big news – there will be a new Halloween themed run next year in Disneyland! They’ve also released the schedule and dates for the 2024-2025 race season.
- Blizzard Beach water park is re-opening after a refurbishment on November 6th.
- Over in California, the Paradise Pier Hotel has been undergoing a massive re-themeing. It will officially reopen on January 30th, 2024, as the Pixar Place Hotel!
- The Adventureland Treehouse in Disneyland will be opening on November 10th (it was previously Tarzan’s Treehouse).
- Visiting Disney during the holidays? Check out all of the amazing Gingerbread displays!
- The heroine Asha from Disney’s upcoming animated film Wish has started doing meet and greets in Epcot.
Genie // We know that Disney is planning to make some sort of changes to Genie+, and the latest line of thinking is that they will go back to letting you purchase it ahead of time (and, according to some rumors, you may even book your rides in advance again like Fastpass+).
Transportation // Rumor has it that Disney is looking into contracting with a different transportation company (as in, not Mears) to set up something similar to Magical Express – and supposedly that WILL be included with your resort stay.
Other Disney Blogs
Jenn from Fairest Run of All shares her goals for her upcoming Disney trip. Will she achieve them? I’ll be there, and we’ll find out really soon!
Though we love Disney, over at The Disney Tourist Blog Tom shares what he thinks Disney needs to fix or restore, and he makes a lot of good points.
Curious about breakfast at Steakhouse 71? Rochelle at Polka Dots and Pixie Dust has all of the details!
Mindy at This Fairy Tale Life shares some fun facts about Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland!