It’s March, which means spring is just around the corner! And with Disney, spring means Epcot Flower and Garden Festival, the California Food and Wine Festival, the opening of TRON, the premiere of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, and more. Read on for all of the latest news and happenings with Disney in the past month!
- Splash Mountain has officially closed, and work on Tiana’s Bayou Adventure has begun – and Disney has released a look at some the storyline details.
- Hollywood Studios has gotten some new character meet and greets on a regular basis, including Mr. and Mrs. Incredible, Goofy, and Max, and Chip and Dale as the Rescue Rangers. Edna Mode and Frozone will be making appearances but not doing a traditional meet.
- Bob Iger announced that Disneyland will be getting an Avatar “Experience,” though there’s no details on what that is or even what that might mean.
- A new trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 has come out.
- Due to the success of “After Hours” events at Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios, Disney World will now be hosting After Hours at Epcot soon.
- Narcoossee’s restaurant at the Grand Floridian, which has been closed for a long refurbishment, is reopening on April 1st.
- Disney Cruise Line shared some details on the perks for Castaway Club Pearl members, the new tier for those who have sailed on DCL 25 or more times.
- Rogers the Musical will be coming to Disney California Adventure as a stage show this summer!
- If you’re headed the Hollywood Studios, Mando and baby Grogu have started appearing in Galaxy’s Edge there!
- The new DVC villas at Disneyland Hotel will be opening in September, and Disney has shared a first look inside.
- Disney Cruise Line will start visiting their new private island, Lighthouse Point, in summer of 2024.
- If you’re headed to Epcot’s Flower and Garden Festival this year, make sure you check out some of these cool magic shots!
Disney World // This might be more of a “theory” than a rumor, but there is a lot of talk about more discounts coming back in the future. This is based on the speculation that inflation is becoming more of a problem and while we may not actually hit an economic recession, people won’t have as much money to spend as freely as they did the last 2 years, making discounts more important.
Hollywood Studios // Although Disney previously stated that Rock n Roller Coaster would definitely NOT be getting a re-themeing, just a few days after that statement was made Steven Tyler of Aerosmith was formally named in a lawsuit. That might be a little incentive for Disney to reconsider.
Epcot // With Harmonious ending and “Epcot Forever” coming temporarily until a new show premieres, there are a lot of guesses on what that new show might actually be and if it will truly debut this year like Disney says it will. My guess is that given the fact they haven’t released ANY details and we haven’t seen any work done for it, we won’t get a new show in Epcot until 2024.
Other Disney blogs
Monica from Popcorner Reviews put together this absolutely adorable Star Wars themed nursery for her new young padawan!
Over on This Fairy Tale Life, Mindy shares a look at the new Disney Princess wedding dress collection!
Have you been watching the Magic of Disney’s Animal Kingdom and wondering where you can actually find those animals on the show? Allyson at WDW Prep School shares a guide on where to find them!
Leave a Reply