Disney is just not stopping with the big announcements lately! I felt like we got a ton of news and changes in May, but then June came along. The parks are reopening lots of things, many events are coming back, and people are more eager than ever to be traveling. It’s a lot to keep up with – and things are selling out quickly so if you’re thinking about visiting or experiencing anything, now is the time to book!
- Tickets for the Halloween Boo Bash After Hours event went on sale this past month, and some dates sold out quickly. Contact me today if you’d like to buy tickets for this event and I’ll help you out!
- A number of restaurants at Disney World have reopened already or will be opening soon, including: Sebastian’s Bistro, ‘Ohana (opening July 9), Tusker House, Casey’s Corner, Citricos (July 15), and Trail’s End (July 17).
- Disneyland also has plenty of places reopening, including Oga’s Cantina, Lamplight Lounge (opening July 9), Wine Country Trattoria, Docking Bay 7, and Alien Pizza Planet.
- In other exciting Disneyland news, the Avengers Campus is now open at California Adventure!
- At Disney World they have been continuing to relax some of their protocols, including face masks and physical distancing. Masks are now optional in most locations for fully vaccinated individuals except on Disney transportation where they are still required.
- Over on Disney+, the show Monsters at Work will premiere on July 7th featuring our favorite Monsters Inc. characters.
- The Epcot Food and Wine Festival starts this month on July 15th.
- Fireworks are back! Happily Ever After at Magic Kingdom and Epcot Forever at Epcot will begin tonight (July 1st) and Mickey’s Mix Magic will start July 4th at Disneyland.
- A new nighttime spectacular will be coming to Magic Kingdom on October 1st, 2021, called “Disney Enchantment.”
- The long anticipated new show at Epcot, Harmonious, will also make its debut on October 1st, 2021.
- Animal Kingdom gets a new daytime show starting October 1st too – Disney KiteTails will feature three-dimensional kites featuring Disney friends, including Simba, Zazu, Baloo, and King Louie.
- June also saw the (second) reopening of Disneyland Paris, as well as the newly rethemed New York – Art of Marvel hotel.
- While no parades have returned, we will get a special cavalcade for the 50th anniversary in Magic Kingdom called Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade.
- For the 50th anniversary there will be a series of 50 golden character sculptures added to the 4 theme parks.
- Salt and Straw, the unique and popular ice cream location in Downtown Disney in California, will now head to Florida in Disney Springs – no opening date has been shared yet.
- The rooms at the Contemporary resort are being updated with a subtle Incredibles theme.
- October 1st will see the roll out of a new benefit for Disney resort guests – early theme park entry will allow resort guests to enter the parks half an hour before the rest of the public every day.
- Also new, guests staying at a Disney Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort hotels will also be able to enjoy extended evening hours on select nights in select theme parks.
- While there’s no official date yet, Disney did confirm that dining plans will return – “While we’re not quite ready to share an update on timing, we are planning to bring this guest-favorite option back at a later date.”
- RunDisney races will be returning in person starting in November with Wine and Dine. There are also dates for Marathon weekend, Princess weekend, and a new Springtime Surprise weekend.
Epcot // The Canada Far and Wide show is currently down for a refurbishment. The rumor is that this space will be used for an indoor Food and Wine Festival area, as the World Showplace building may not be available. If that’s the case don’t expect the movie in Canada to return until mid-November.
Fastpass // There are so many rumors around Fastpass – if it will be back, when it will be back, if it will look different. One telling thing is that Disney made an announcement saying dining plans would return at some point but didn’t mention fastpass. I suspect that a new system will be introduced, possibly with some options for everyone but the ability to upgrade to get more fastpasses or something like that (either if you pay for it or more perks for deluxe hotel guests).
Other Disney blogs
Curious about all of the Marvel easter eggs at the new Avengers Campus? Patty from My No Guilt Life has the scoop!
I love a fun DIY project, and these Mickey rope coasters from April at Pixie Dust Savings are adorable – and perfect for Disney cruise fans!
Over on Diznify they are sharing a look at the new Disney Delish cookbook, including trying out some of the recipes. It looks great and I think they’ve convinced me to buy it!
Feeling overwhelmed? A travel agent can help you book and plan your trip – and it doesn’t cost you anything! I’ve helped hundreds of people plan their magical vacations – contact me today to get started.
What news are you most excited about? When is your next Disney trip?