So what’s new in the world of Disney this month? Well, we’ve finally gotten more details and opening dates for some long-anticipated attractions and restaurants in the parks, plus some other exciting updates. And Disney has officially begun their 100th anniversary celebration!
- While the park pass reservation system is still in place, there’s one area that’s getting a little more lax: Disney World annual passholders no longer need to make reservation if they’re visiting after 2pm (unless you’re headed to Magic Kingdom on a Saturday or Sunday, then you still need one!)
- Disneyland has also made some adjustments, with park hopping now allowed to start at 11am.
- In a rare move, Disney actually REMOVED a charge for something. Guests staying at a Disney World resort and bringing their own vehicle will no longer have to pay to park there.
- Genie+ is getting another bonus: you will also get digital downloads of your on-ride photos when you buy Genie+, even if you don’t have Memory Maker.
- In Disneyland, Tiana’s Palace will be coming to Orleans Square! It will open sometime later this year.
- Epcot’s Flower and Garden Festival dates have been announced, with the Festival running March 1st-July 5th.
- Several Disney films received Oscar nominations this year, including “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” for Best Supporting Actress (Angela Bassett), Best Costume Design, Best Original Song (“Life Me Up”), Best Make-up and Hairstyling, and Best Visual Effects. Pixar’s Turning Red received a nomination for Best Animated Feature Film.
- If you’re heading to Disney World in Disneyland this month, don’t miss their “Celebrate Soulfully” food specials around the parks. I want to try it all.
- Over in Epcot, the Moana Journey of Water with Te Fiti topiary will be opening in “late 2023.”
- The Roundup Rodeo BBQ restaurant in Toy Story Land over at Hollywood Studios is officially opening on March 23.
- On Saturday mornings, Disney has started offering the “Disney Springs Kids Club” with fun entertainment offerings every week.
- With TRON: Lightcycle Run opening on April 4th, Disney has given us a little more information. The ride will have a virtual queue and lightning lane options to start out, and it will also be the first Disney World attraction to require (free) lockers for your stuff before getting on the ride.
- Season 3 of the Mandalorian comes out on March 4th!
Bob Iger // Although Iger stated that he was only stepping back in for the short term, there’s plenty of speculation that he’ll be around longer than originally stated. Many people think he’ll be staying as Disney’s CEO for at least 3+ years.
Lightning Lanes // With the opening of TRON, there are lots of rumors about how things might change with Genie+, individual lightning lanes, and virtual queues. Most seem to agree that when TRON starts using the virtual queue, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will become a standard queue. The bigger question is whether Seven Dwarfs Mine Train becomes part of the regular Genie+ lineup, or if Magic Kingdom has two individual lightning lane offerings.
Other Disney blogs
Tom at the Disney Tourist Blog shares 10 attractions at Disney World he believes aged poorly. Do you agree with him?
If you’re curious about the new upscale dining option on the Disney Wish cruise ship, The Disney Cruise Line Blog has an Enchante dinner review with champagne pairing.
Jenn at the Fairest Run of All shares her recap of this year’s Walt Disney World Marathon.
Like to debate Star Wars? Jenmarie at Anakin and his Angel shares her Star Wars opinions – some of which may not be the popular opinion!
If your kids want more fun activities to do in Epcot, make sure to check out Mouse Hacking’s guide to the Epcot Kidcot Fun Stops.
Jenn @ Fairest Run Of All says
I’m liking this new fee rollback thing they’re doing – maybe photos will become free with APs again? A girl can dream. 😀