Staying warm where you are? We’ve got some chilly days here in Pennsylvania, so I’m definitely dreaming of Disney and Florida right now! Even though I may not be escaping the winter this year by going down south, there’s still plenty of theme park and movie/TV news to keep me busy until I get the chance to return.
- Headed to Disney World in February? Some of these Valentine’s Day treats look amazing.
- Speaking of food, Disney has announced a new show for Disney+ called Foodtastic. It’s supposed to be a competition show where teams create works of art inspired by Disney using food items and will debut later in 2021.
- One of Disney World’s two water parks, Blizzard Beach, will reopen on March 7th. Tickets are available now.
- The Hall of Presidents is closed for refurbishment as Disney works on adding the new President’s audio animatronic to the attraction.
- Some small changes will be coming to The Jungle Cruise and I think the improvements look great!
- Adventures by Disney has some incredible looking “expedition cruises” coming – to both Antarctica and the Galapagos!
- Disneyland has, at least for now, ended it’s annual pass program – they’ve mentioned they will be introducing a “membership” program in the future but no timeline for when that might begin.
- A couple of tasty new places have opened at Disney Springs, including Gideon’s Bakehouse, Everglazed Donuts and Cold Brew, and Wondermade (which sells handcrafted, flavored marshmallows).
- The Festival of the Lion King show will be returning in Animal Kingdom in “summer 2021.”
- Disney also announced that they will be ending the Magical Express bus service to and from the airport in 2022.
Magical Express // There’s lots of speculation on why Disney might have canceled this service – that maybe they have a better service they want to offer, they want to convince people to take the new train that’s being built, etc. My own guess is that their contract with Mears ended and due to disagreements they chose not to renew.
Animal Kingdom // There is a rumor that a Zootopia land will come to Animal Kingdom in the future, though we likely won’t see it until after 2025.
Attractions // People love trying to guess when new attractions might open. Right now I’ve heard rumors for Ratatouille opening anywhere from mid-February to Memorial Day, and Tron opening anywhere from September-spring 2022.
Other Disney blogs
Tom over at the Disney Tourist Blog brings an interesting perspective, with post-Christmas crowds down over 40%.
You can find a tutorial and free printable to make your own Pixar scratch-off poster from Kelly at Kelly Does Life – I absolutely love this idea!
Have you ever celebrated your birthday at Disney? Dave from Disney with Dave’s Daughters shares his tips.
Over at Mickey Balloon, Catie has all the info to make your own Mickey waffles at home – including the exact mix they use and the waffle maker you can buy that will make your waffles identical to those in the parks!
What news are you most interested in this month?