How is it August already? :O I leave for my next Disney World trip in a mere 8 days, and it feels like too long since I’ve been back! I’m excited to check out Toy Story Land. If you’re headed down later this year, we’re starting to get a lot of news and info and the special events coming for the fall and winter (including full Food and Wine Festival menus!).
- Fan of Black Panther? His sister, Shuri, will be getting her own comic book soon!
- Animal Kingdom will finally have a dessert party – the Rivers of Light dessert party is now available for booking on select nights.
- Disney has won the bidding war – they will be paying over $70 billion dollars to own most of 21st Century Fox.
- James Gunn, director of the next Guardians of the Galaxy movie, was fired after offensive tweets were discovered.
- Chicken Guy!, a fast food chicken restaurant by Guy Fieri, will be opening in Disney Springs this month.
- I might not be headed to Hong Kong any time soon, but this Ant-Man and Wasp attraction looks awesome.
- Disney has announced that they will be making a commitment to conservation that includes eliminating plastic straws, reducing plastic bags, and reduce “in room plastics” (meaning your little shampoo bottles).
Restaurants // Artist Point seems to be getting some sort of refurb, but the rumors are rampant that this not so popular signature restaurant will be changed into a character dining location.
Magic Kingdom // Changes will definitely be coming to Tomorrowland when the new Tron coaster opens, but there are rumors for some other additions as well, including a permanent Incredibles narration to the PeopleMover, a Wreck-It Ralph VR racer replacing Stitch’s Great Escape, and a new scene for Carousel of Progress.
Epcot // The ever persistent rumor that Brazil will be added as a country in the World Showcase is back, this time because of an analysis on the amount of money being spent on construction in Epcot.
Other Disney Blogs
One of the things I love about Josh over at EasyWDW is that he puts a lot of work into the “numbers” of wait times and calculating/comparing. If you’re curious what waits looked like when Toy Story Land first opened, he’s got the scoop here.
Speaking of Toy Story Land, the Disney Food Blog shares 5 things you have to eat there. I can’t wait to try that s’mores french toast sandwich.
Over at This Fairy Tale Life, Mindy shared a gorgeous Princess and the Frog inspired wedding.
Samara at Disney Trivia Blog shares a book review on To Pixar and Beyond, which sounds like an interesting read!
Have any Disney pet peeves? April at Pixie Dust Savings shared her list, and I agree with a lot of them!
Leave a Reply