Hello everyone, it’s December! One of my absolute favorite times of the year. I love the Christmas season, and this year will be my first ever time visiting Disney World during it! In the last month I finished NaNoWriMo, which is National Novel Writing Month, if you’re not familiar. I managed to get a 50,000 word novel done in addition to one or two blog posts a week. Not too bad! But I’m looking forward to doing more blog content this month, now that I’m done with that.
Disney in your Day news
We have a few more shops to feature in our Etsy Holiday Gift Guide this month, including at least one contest! For the Christmas season I want to share some posts about my experience in Disney World, but I also want to include some things about Disney in your home, and how you can bring some Disney magic to your Christmas celebrations wherever you are. If you have some good decorations, trees, or anything related to Christmas, please email me! You can reach it at [email protected].
- Sadly, Diane Disney Miller, Walt’s daughter, recently passed away at the age of 79. She had been very involved in the Disney community, and we will definitely feel that loss.
- I don’t have the money to do it, but if you do Adventures by Disney has recently added a tour of Norway. I have a friend who lives over there and I hear it’s an amazing place – I’d love to visit some day!
- Frozen did really well at the box office, bringing in $93 million during its first weekend and almost catching up to Catching Fire.
- The parks are ready for Christmas: the decorations are up and things are seeming really festive down there!
- ABC Family’s 25 Days of Christmas has started, so if you’re looking for some good Christmas movies check that out! Some Disney favorites include Princess and the Frog, many of the Pixar films, the Muppet Christmas Carol, and Mickey’s Christmas Carol.
Other Disney Blogs
The Disney Parks Blog features the cutest Magic Kingdom storybook. Maybe it’s just the fact that I’m a children’s librarian, but I’m in love with this! I think it would make a great Christmas gift for kids.
Over on This Happy Place blog, Estelle features YA novels for Disney fans. The fact that I enjoyed this post so much is probably just another sign of how much I love my job, and Disney!
The Disney Food Blog brings us reviews of the first two food trucks in Downtown Disney: Namaste, which is Animal Kingdom inspired, and Superstar Catering, which has a Hollywood Studios influence. Both of them sound delicious and I can’t wait to hear about the other two!
Our friends over at Disney with Babies, Toddlers, and Preschoolers has a great giveaway going on right now – win a bunch of Disney Cruise Must Haves. There’s some really great stuff, whether you’ve got a cruise in the works or you’re just dreaming about one someday!
What does December have you most excited about?
The Animation Commendation says
I went to Disney World on Christmas Day once. It was busy as usual, but didn’t seem any more busier than a regular day.
Good to know! I doubt we’ll ever go on Christmas Day, though it could be a nice thing to do someday.
sue @ tea, love, and cookies says
I did not realize you were a children’s librarian! What a FUN job. I have a degree in Elementary Ed (and work in a bank… *eyeroll*) and my hands-down favorite class in college was my Children’s Lit class. I graduated 19 years ago, and I still have that textbook. It’s the only one I kept once I realized teaching was probably not the way to go.
Good for you for participating in NaNoWriMo. I’ve always wanted to write but never sit down to actually do it.
Yes, I love my job! I started with an education degree but also decided that teaching was just not for me. I’m really glad I found something I love though.
sue @ tea, love, and cookies says
Oh yeah… I just finished reading a book called “The Wronged Princess”. It was a Kindle freebie and was fun to read. The premise had one of the wicked stepsisters fitting into the glass slipper (horrors!) It didn’t retell the Disney version of Cinderella, per se…. the steps weren’t the Tremaines and they had different names and stuff but it was cute.
That sounds like a really interesting book, I’ll have to add it to my to-read list!