Well hey, it’s December. I don’t know about you, but the past month has been really rough for me. I am so, so tired. I know things aren’t going to magically get better at midnight when it turns 2021. Work is exhausting, people are exhausting, the internet is exhausting. Writing seems to help which is why I keep on trucking with the blog. I am definitely grateful to have an outlet in both writing and running. So no major blog updates, projects, or plans, other than to just keep swimming.
- Organize old blog content to the end of 2017 (nope, didn’t really touch this project at all)
- Create Christmas printables for my Etsy shop (yes, and they’ve been pretty popular!)
- Work more on “batching” blog content (i.e., write all of the posts for the week one day, do photos another day, etc.) (I’m still trying to get into the groove with this but I did it to an extent)
- Complete a lesson in my blog photography course (nope, didn’t get to it)
- Run another half marathon (possibly two this month!) (I did in fact complete 2 and even got my best time on the second one with 2:05:14!)
- Get the bedroom clean and organized (Actually yes if you don’t count my closet lol! That is another project…)
- Do my physical therapy exercises every day (not really, but I am at least trying to do more stretching)
- Spend more time reading and relaxing (Maybe not as much as I should, but more. I’ve read some good books lately)
I like goals. I really do, and I think they help me a lot. That being said, for this one month I think I just need a little break from it. The year has been really hard, especially this past month, and just getting through the month is enough right now. I have things that I “want” to do, but I’m not going to put more pressure on myself right now. I am hoping to get some Christmas baking and decorating done, keep running, and maybe organize things a bit. For the blog I want to put out some good Christmas content and maybe select some goals for 2021.
I definitely want to get back to writing goals, but right now I want to do some exploring and introspection. This year has thrown a lot of curveballs and I’m hoping to discover the things that make me happy and focus more on allowing myself to be whatever I am in the moment.
Have you been setting any goals this year? What are your plans for 2021?