We are at the last month of the year! Which means that time is creeping up where I see how many of my big yearly goals I’ve achieved. I’ve still got one more month before I look at that, and for now we’re looking to see how well I did with the month of November!
November was a decent enough month. I’ve adjusted into life working full-time pretty well, even though we still haven’t hired a replacement for my old job so I’m still a bit stressed trying to do everything. Hopefully that will change by the new year. I did two long training runs for the marathon – a 20 miler and 23 miler. While I’ve been taking a break from theater, I just auditioned for a fundraising show at a local theater and I have an audition for another show next week. Other than that it’s basically been blogging and trying to get all of the Christmas stuff in order!
I’ve still been writing posts 4-5 times a week, because that’s my favorite part of blogging. The actual writing. But I will admit I haven’t done a lot of the “other stuff.” I’ve not been as active on social media or with promoting because I’m so busy. Frankly my site views and stats have dropped because of it. But I think that’s okay. I’m writing because I love it, I have a great group of readers who I know are reading, so if I’m not reaching hundreds of thousands of people each month that’s okay.
Let’s take a look and see how I did with my November goals!
- Create a monthly checklist (check! I did it, now I just have to try and follow it!)
- Select bloggers to give review copies of my book to so they can review it on their blogs (I contacted a few people but they haven’t really responded and I haven’t had time to follow up. I’d like to promote my book more in the new year)
- Look into using the app Plann for instagram (I looked at it but I need to actually download it now!)
- Have 1300 instagram followers (I’m close but not quite there, at 1285).
- Reorganize the tabs on my blog and make certain types of posts easier to find (trip planning, recipes, DIY, etc.) (I made a master list of all the types of posts I have, but haven’t organized them)
- Plan a “Disney stocking stuffer” giveaway for December (planned and posted it yesterday!)
- Update old holiday posts (check! I updated the old photos!)
- Finish Christmas shopping by December 1st (I’ll give this a check as there’s only one or two things I still need to get)
- Create and order Christmas cards (done! And they arrived the other day!)
- Start back up with voice lessons and pick an audition song for Godspell (done! Auditions are on Sunday!)
- Get the bedroom clean and organized (not even close)
- Stick to my marathon training plan for the month (Yes, I did all my long training runs so that’s what counts!)
December Blog Goals
Here’s what I’d like to do for Disney in your Day in December:
- Reorganize blogging binder for the new year
- Download Plann for instagram
- Buy and complete the e-course from Cosmos Mariners about travel blogging that I’ve been eyeing
- Organize tabs/posts on the blog
- Reach 2,000 followers on facebook
December Personal Goals
Some goals for my personal life this upcoming month:
- Audition for (and get cast in) Godspell
- Do at least one more long training run (it’s supposed to be 26 miles but if my ankle is still acting up I might cut it down a bit)
- Put together my Megara running costume
- Make a packing list for January Disney trip
- Bake at least 5 different kinds of Christmas cookies
How was your November? What are your goals before the holidays?