November was a busy month here! I got the Disney Stocking Stuffer guide out, and featured a number of awesome Etsy shops with great giveaways! I continued watching the classic Disney movies (up to the Fox and the Hound), and saw the newest Pixar film. But December is going to be even busier! The blog might be a little quieter for the first half because I will be in Disney World for 10 days! But that just means I’ll have lots of exciting things to post about when I return. Expect lots of holiday stuff, including Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas party, the Osborne Lights, Holiday dinner with Minnie and friends, and even a private party I’ll be attending at a venue not normally open to the public – the Prop Shop at Hollywood Studios!
Post highlights from November
Disney Stocking Stuffer Guide – in November I launched my Disney stocking stuffer guide. So many great items from Etsy for the holidays!
Tsum Tsum subscription box – I received the first official Disney tsum tsum subscription box in November!
How to visit Disney World for under $2,500 – A family of 4 can do Disney on a budget, you just need to know some of the tips and tricks.
Golden Tote Review – I received my first Golden Tote, and was absolutely in love with all of the items I got!
The Good Dinosaur review – The latest Pixar movie is out, and so are my thoughts on it!
Let’s see how we did with those November goals! I think I got a bit too ambitious when it came to my social media numbers. Especially because I was trying to complete Nanowrimo, I just didn’t have as much time to spend on those promotions.
- Research ways to grow Twitter following (never really got around to this)
- Set up photography area for photos – especially work on how to get the best lighting! (kind of? I read some blog posts about setting up a small studio but still couldn’t get quality photos. I started taking all of my photos outside, which is great, but with it getting dark so early it makes it hard).
- Add photo/bio of myself to the side bar. I had kind of thought it wasn’t necessary originally because I felt like my blog is about Disney, not me, but now I realize I’m pretty wrong about that. I always like to see who other people are when i click on their blogs. (Success! I added the photo about a little bio over on the side there).
- Instagram: 700 followers (What was I thinking? I’m lucky to have broken 600. I’m at 614 now).
- Twitter: 750 followers (Nope. Just over 700 though at 703).
- Facebook: 1500 followers (pretty close with 1,472).
- Pinterest: 750 followers (Also getting close here with 733 followers).
- Complete National Novel Writing Month – 50,000 words in the month of November! (I did it! Some extreme editing will be required, but eventually be on the lookout for An Educational Guide to Walt Disney World 🙂 )
- Keep going to tap dancing lessons. (Yes – only skipped one lesson this month when I wasn’t feeling well).
- Make a cleaning schedule. (Seriously, will I ever do this?)
- Keep up with half marathon training for the Glass Slipper Challenge. (Yes, only skipped one or two of the shorter runs so I’d call this a success!)
December blogging goals
I’m trying not to make too many goals because I will be away in Disney World for 10 days! Lots of opportunities but not a lot of time for blogging. That, combined with the holidays coming up, means I will probably see a dip in my page views – so I’m trying to prepare myself for that.
- Add detailed descriptions to all of my Pinterest pins.
- Research my camera and photography more.
- Get more people to join my Pinterest group board.
- Add a page to my blog about my travel agent business.
- Put up at least 5 holiday related posts.
- Facebook: 1500 followers
- instagram: 700 followers
- Twitter: 750 followers
- Pinterest: 750 followers
- Keep attending tap lessons, schedule a vocal lesson, and watch all of Anything Goes on YouTube to prepare for the audition.
- Stick to half marathon training, despite skipping a couple of runs while I’m away in Disney.
- Decorate the house for the holidays.
- Bake at least 6-7 different kinds of Christmas cookies!
What are your goals this month? And what do you think of mine? Any ideas or suggestions for Disney in your Day?