If you’re staying at a Disney resort, you get a free Magic Band as part of your stay. You can choose from a variety of colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, pink, and gray. While these basic ones are free, there are also lots of designs that you can buy in the stores if you want a cooler looking Magic Band. They are usually around $17-20 depending on the design. I wanted a more personalized Magic Band, but didn’t like paying $20 for something I was already getting for free – so I decided to decorate my own!
The major component of this project is easy – temporary tattoos! There are lots of places you can buy temporary Disney tattoos. I’ve gotten mine from Target and Hot Topic, but many other places will have them. If you’re looking for specific characters Amazon is a good place to check as well. You can check out some good ones I found below, or search for your own:
- Temporary Disney tattoos
- Magic Band
- Wet paper towel
- Clear nail polish (optional)
1. Pick out which tattoos you want to use and cut them out carefully. Place the tattoo onto the Magic Band just like you would put it on to your skin, and press a wet paper towel onto the Magic Band for at least 30 seconds.
2. Lift up the paper and the tattoo should be applied to the Magic Band. Let it dry.
3. If you want to seal your design to the Magic Band, brush it with clear nail polish. I will say that I skip this step because the clear always ends up looking sort of streaky. It will keep your design on better though, so if you want it permanent I’d suggest experimenting with it. For just one trip though I don’t bother with the nail polish. I would try experimenting on old Magic Bands if you have any with different brands.
4. Wear your one of a kind Magic Band proudly!
Here are some of the ones I’ve made so far: