I don’t know that I’ve ever been so busy before in my life! I love writing posts and I’m trying to update old ones and do all sorts of other important things, but I have a ton of travel agent work coming in as well that takes up a lot of time. I need more hours in the day! I discovered a great tool called Toggl. I use the free version, the Toggl time track, which has really been helping to keep me focused and keep track of where my time is going. I can put in the time I spend doing various tasks for the blog and for my travel agent work, which has been enlightening. It’s helping me to figure out where it makes sense to focus my time and what things I spend a lot of time on that may not be beneficial enough to warrant that time.
I’ve also got a few exciting trips coming up! I’m going to be heading back to Disney World the last week of August for my 10th anniversary and spending a week at the Polynesian. We’re not planning much park time but we have some other things planned. I haven’t stayed at the Polynesian yet so that’s exciting – especially now that Trader Sam’s is open! We’re planning to head to Discovery Cove for a day, do the Boo Bash in Magic Kingdom, and try some new-to-us restaurants like the remodeled Citricos and dinner at Kona Cafe (I’ve only done breakfast there before!).
My other exciting news is that I should be (fingers crossed) headed to Europe for an Adventures by Disney river cruise. I’m still worried it will be cancelled or fall through with everything going on, but it seems like it might actually be happening. I got the opportunity to go about a month ago so it’s pretty last minute but very exciting. It’s their river cruise down the Seine in France. But of all the first world problems, it leaves September 30th, which was the same day I was planning to head down to Walt Disney World for their 50th anniversary celebration. I don’t know that I’ll ever get the chance to do an Adventures by Disney trip like this again though so I may have to catch up with the 50th stuff another time!
July 2021 goals
- Continue and maybe get closer to finishing the optimization and organization process of all my images (nopeee)
- Update 2 older blog posts (I only got to 1 this month)
- Move all of my automated emails over to Flodesk so I can stop paying for MailChimp (I’ve made a lot of progress here and hope to finish in the next day or two)
- Finish category page about Disney dining (nope)
- Write posts about this past trip (Tusker House breakfast, Fort Wilderness review as top priorities) (I did hit the top priority posts!)
- Create a plan to hire a virtual assistant (I at least have a list and have potentially talked to someone so we’ll see where to go from here)
- Edit all of my photos from the July Disney trip (I’ve gotten through about 70% of them, so close!)
- Do more strength training/cross training for running (yes, I’ve at least been staying on top of this)
- Finalize plans for early September Disney trip (I finally wrote out an itinerary and feel better about our plans!)
- Organize the guest room to be able to paint (no, but I ended up with organization projects in different rooms so it was time well spent)
- Complete travel agent training for Virgin Voyages cruise line (training kind of falls by the wayside when I’m so busy actually helping people plan trips!)
August 2021 blog goals
- Update 2 old blog posts
- Come up with a plan for fall/Halloween to share old posts and write new ones
- Finish category page about Disney dining
- Continue and maybe get closer to finishing the optimization and organization process of all my images
- Actually create a job description/more concrete plan for a virtual assistant
- Create 2022 trip planning printables
August 2021 personal goals
- Finish editing all of my photos from my July Disney trip
- Complete travel agent training for Virgin Voyages cruise line
- Finish travel agent training for Marriott
- Complete a half marathon over Labor Day weekend
Do you have any goals for the month of August?