It’s August, which means we’re about halfway through the summer! Where does the time go? Disney is keeping busy, certainly – there have been lots of interesting articles and news happening recently!
Disney in your Day news
We’ve finished up the resort restaurant tournament (for non signature resort restaurants), and the winner was Sanaa! Be on the lookout for the signature competition to come in the fall. Speaking of things that are ending, the Runner’s Guide reviews and giveaways are also wrapping up. I have three more for you, and I’ll be on the lookout for any other great Disney running products in the future too!
But even though some things are ending, new ones are just beginning. My Tower of Terror 10 miler training continues, and as I plan for my upcoming trip in October I’m getting more and more excited! Something else new I’ve been thinking about: I want to go back and re-watch all the animated Disney movies, and I was thinking about chronicling that. And finally, I’m also looking to feature any Disney weddings if anyone had a wedding there and would like a blog post – please contact me!
If you have ideas or want to contribute, please email me at [email protected]!
- Apparently Disney has finally decided to make Enchanted 2. I don’t know about sequels, but I loved the first one and Amy Adams, so my fingers are crossed that it’s a success!
- When they tell you to keep your hands inside the ride vehicle, they really mean it. A man lost part of his fingers on Pirates of the Caribbean at Disney World, presumably by having his hands in the water during the ride.
- Live action versions of Disney movies seem to be the latest thing, and the Jungle Book is one of the ones up next. This will be an interesting combination of live action and CGI.
- I loved Kouzzina so I’m very sad that it’s leaving, but the Disney Parks Blog did post a sneak peak into the Italian restaurant that is replacing it, Trattoria al Forno.
- It’s not Disney, but over at Sea World the popular show Clyde and Seamore take Pirate Island is closing. It sounds like there will be a new show for them, but it better include that mime in the beginning!
Other Disney Blogs
Over at Tea, Love, and Cookies, Sue shares some info on the book 3500. It’s about a boy with autism who rode the Snow White ride 3500 times. I’m adding it to my “must read” list.
If you enjoy cooking, the recipe for Jiko’s mac and cheese is over on the Disney Food Blog. I haven’t tried the mac and cheese there yet but I’ve heard nothing but rave reviews!
Considering how quickly Disney races have been selling out, the advice on Run. Walk. FASTPASS. Repeat on how to register for a sold out runDisney race could be very valuable!
Tracy at the Suitcase Scholar gets to travel for a living, but there’s a downside – she’s having trouble figuring out when and how to exercise while on the road. Any advice for her?
One of my Disney friends has a blog called History and Hockey Sticks, and while this isn’t Disney-related she recently wrote about coming to see me perform in a production of Footloose!