For Christmas this year I was very excited to receive the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge cookbook! Now that I have more free time on my hands I’ve been able to spend more time cooking and baking, and I’ve been able to delve into this cookbook more. I’ve tried a few things but my favorite so far is the Felucian Garden Spread recipe!
This is actually the first meal that I had when I ate at Docking Bay 7 in Galaxy’s Edge. It’s a vegan meal and I’m glad to say that it’s a wonderful, delicious option for vegetarians and vegans – or anyone who appreciates good food! It’s got some great spice and flavor to it. I’ve now had 3 different entrees at Docking Bay 7 and this one is my favorite so far.
The version in the cookbook is actually pretty complicated to make – they have you make everything from scratch. I made some modifications and took the easy way out, so I thought I’d share my version here. Instead of making my own bread, hummus, and falafel I purchased the bread and hummus and got a falafel mix. Just makes things a little easier and still tastes great!
A couple of notes: the cookbook has a recipe for black bean hummus, so I bought black bean hummus. However, it was definitely some sort of herb hummus when I had it in Galaxy’s Edge. I think you could use any kind of hummus you like and it would still be great. The bread recommended is pita, but I used naan bread. I think either would work. And I bought a boxed falafel mix. Usually falafel is fried, but I hate dealing with hot oil so I baked it and thought it still tasted great. You can also often find frozen falafel.
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 slices naan bread
- Falafel (frozen, mix, or from scratch)
- Black bean hummus
- Prepare the falafel. If using a mix, I baked it at 375 for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Make the tomato-cucumber salad – Toss the tomato, cucumber, mint, and olive oil together, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Toast naan to desired level of crispiness. For some added flavor I like to spread a little butter on top as well.
- Spread a good dollop of hummus onto each plate (amount used can be to taste). Top with 3 falafel balls and 1/4 of the tomato cucumber salad per serving. Serve with naan bread.
We found this was best enjoyed by scooping everything up onto the naan, but you can eat it however you’d like. Enjoy!
Would you like to try this Felucian Garden Spread recipe? Would you like to see more recipes from Galaxy’s Edge?