I recently started doing monthly goal posts, which I’ve found really helps keep me organized and focused. Then I saw lots of bloggers creating their 2016 goals, and I wanted to do that too. When I really tried to do it, I realized the thought of creating goals for the entire year was overwhelming! But I sat down, thought of everything I’d like to do that is blog related in the next year, and came up with a list. I know that these things are definitely subject to change depending on how my life and the blog grow over the next year, but at least I have some place to start!
2016 Blog Goals:
- Have over 1,000 followers on all social media (instagram, Pinterest, twitter, and facebook)
- find more Etsy shops to feature
- get more organized with my posting schedule, pinning schedule, and blog to-do’s
- research and potentially implement a new blog design
- update images on all old blog posts
- work on indoor photography skills
- Get more people to join my Pinterest group board
- Add a page to my blog about my travel agent business
- Start an email list
- Switch comments over to Disqus
- Set up Disney Wedding spotlight posts
- Attend at least one blog conference or event
- Get my travel guide/e-book available for readers
- Educate myself more using many of the blogging pins I’ve pinned on Pinterest and never actually looked at
2016 personal goals:
- Try to keep the house clean and organized. This is a big one for me.
- Have more self-confidence, particularly when it comes to theater and auditioning. Don’t let the negative thoughts get the best of me.
- Run at least 4 half marathons.
- Read at least 52 books.
- Do something different with my hair for once (I’m thinking of cutting it short).
- Cook at home more often rather than eating out.
- Travel! We’ve got trips planned to Florida for Disney World and a Disney Cruise, as well as a Germany/Paris trip in September!
What are your goals for the new year?