I feel like I was just writing my goals post… and it turns out that was over a month ago for June. My day job keeps me incredibly busy during the summer, sometimes to the point of feeling overwhelmed. The blog is a good outlet for me and something that I love, but I do need to be careful not to let that overwhelm me too. Due to that I’m also trying something else out, which is hiring a virtual assistant. She is going to help me with some blogging relating tasks that I’m either not the best at or don’t feel like I can dedicate my time to. So far it’s been slow since it’s mostly been setting things up and planning out what we’d like to accomplish but I’m hopeful this investment will pay off.
In terms of recent blog posts, I’ve done plenty in the past month about my visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge (and still more to come that I’m going to get up before the August 29th opening Hollywood Studios!). I also shared lots of other things about my time in California, including a review of Paradise Pier hotel, a return of Disney World vs. Disneyland, and my Walt Disney Studios tour.
Let’s take a look at how I did with my goals in June:
- Get 50% of the way through the SEO course (37.5% complete. So, close?)
- Update 3 old blog posts (I updated all of my “top 10 snacks” posts, and started working on a new one for Disneyland!)
- Focus on some travel agent advertising – especially with 2020 Disney World packages being released soon! (email me if you’re interested in a trip to Disney next year!) (I sent out some emails and had my highest number of bookings. Things have gotten quiet since then but hopefully it picks up soon)
- Finish creating the slides for my trip planning course (no, but I got about 6 more done)
- Develop a training and nutrition plan for the Dopey Challenge (yes! I’ve been super devoted so far in writing out a training plan for the next six months and developing weekly nutrition plans)
- Get a box together for donations (one and a half boxes packed so far!)
- Back-up all photos and organize 2016 and previous photos (didn’t touch this yet)
- Be ready to tackle summer reading (I’m a children’s librarian, this is our busy season!) (so far I am surviving… despite a lack of air conditioning)
July blog goals
- Get 50% of the way through the SEO course
- Add some Food and Wine designs to my Redbubble shop
- Finish creating all slides for teachable
- Go through 20 pages of photos on wordpress and label/name everything
July personal goals
- Plan fish extenders for our Disney cruise
- spend some time organizing and getting our finances in order
- Clean and organize the master bedroom
- Attend yoga at least once every week
What are your goals for the month?