Lots of big things happening right now with the theme parks and Pixar! Disney World’s Hollywood Studios just saw the opening of Toy Story Land, and Disneyland’s California Adventure had the opening of Pixar Pier. Both look amazing, colorful, and fun, and I can’t wait to visit. I know I’ll be heading to Toy Story Land in less than 6 weeks, but Pixar Pier? Hopefully within the next year!
- The Toy Story Land merchandise is now available, and it’s pretty cute!
- If you’re planning for the fall, check out the special events that will be available during this year’s Food and Wine Festival.
- My Disney Experience has now added bus wait times so you can view them from your phone!
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party in Disney World this year will have some new features, including overlays on several attractions.
- Disney has shared a look at some of the goodies coming to Bing Bong’s Sweet Stuff over in California Adventure!
- Want lots of photos in Toy Story Land? Slinky Dog Dash has an on-ride attraction photo!
- As Hollywood Studios continues to be revitalized, Disney shared a sneak peek at the new Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway ride, which is set to open sometime in 2019.
- Early 2019 will also see a new show at Hollywood Studios: Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy.
- Incredibles 2 has seen a lot of box office success, recently hitting $400 million in domestic sales.
- A new app has been released called Play Disney Parks. At home you can play trivia games, but when you’re in the parks it offers even more interaction and fun!
- Two zebra foals were born last month and are now available to view at the Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail. Their names are Youka and Zalika.
Epcot // It’s been rumored for awhile that a new show would replace Illuminations in 2020 or 2021, but now there is a rumor saying that Illuminations will go away by the end of 2018 and an interim show will take its place until the new one is ready.
Movies // Though a number of “Star Wars Story” films were set to take place, the newest rumor is that these may be put on hold due to the flop of Solo at the box office (I loved it though!).
Hollywood Studios // Due to the announcement of Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy and its placement near Rock n Roller Coaster, speculation has popped up that we might see a rethemeing of that ride to Cars, or something else Pixar related.
Other Disney Blogs
Have you heard of the challenge to try and ride every WDW ride in one day? Few have completed it, and Parkeology is bringing an update on how Toy Story Land will now affect things.
Tom at The Disney Tourist Blog had a very interesting article about the Best Disney Backstories. Some I knew well, some I didn’t, but the part about Dinoland USA really made me laugh!
Josh from EasyWDW reviews the new brunch at Maria and Enzo’s.
Excited about the new Incredibles movie? Patty from My No Guilt Life has a ton of fun Incredibles party ideas!
Another one from The Disney Tourist Blog – why is DVC availability so limited? A very insightful read if you’re a DVC member or thinking or buying.
Now that Woody’s Lunch Box is open and serving, the Disney Food Blog has a review of all of the lunch/dinner options.
Are you excited about Toy Story Land and Pixar Pier?