So the biggest news on the blog is almost certainly the new look we’ve got! The blog got a total make-over and I’m really happy about the appearance now. I think I’ve got everything the way I want it and I’m still working a little on better organizing my posts so they’re easier to find, but other than that we’re looking good!
Not surprisingly my page views were down this month. January was insane so I expected things to go down so I’m not too disappointed. Still doing well so I’m happy! I also feel like I’ve been getting a lot of really genuine interaction and comments, which makes me so happy. I seriously have some of the best readers – thank you all!
Another interesting thing that happened is that the post I wrote on visiting Disney World for $2,500 went a bit Pinterest viral. And as a result I’ve been getting a lot of interest as a travel agent and have booked a number of trips for people. This makes me thrilled! I’ve never been comfortable with the thought of blogging full time, but working from home as a travel agent combined with blogging? Now that I could do full time, and if things continue to go well it might be a possibility someday.
This month I also went to Disney World for a couple of days and then went on my first Disney Cruise – which means that I’ve come back with tons of things I’m looking forward to sharing on the blog! I’ve put up the recaps of both the races I did (the Enchanted 10k and the Princess Half Marathon), but there are still tons of things I want to share. If there’s anything in particular you’re eager to know about, let me know and I’ll make that a priority! Otherwise I’ll be sharing lots of stuff from my trip over the next month or two.
February was a busy month since I was away… and it doesn’t help that it’s a shorter month! I still accomplished a decent amount though.
- Continue updating old blog images for Pinterest (I didn’t really do this at all, sadly).
- Get more people to join my Pinterest group board (I got a couple more! Still would love additional people but it’s a start!)
- Add a page to my blog about my travel agent business (done!)
- Edit my e-book to get it ready to sell (a teeny tiny bit. Like I edited 5 pages of the 100 page book)
- Update the sidebar to my blog (partially but there’s more I want to do)
- Reach at least 750 instagram followers (success! I’m at 770)
- Reach at least 1,000 Pinterest followers (major success! I have 1,234!)
- Complete the Glass Slipper Challenge (10k and half marathon) in Disney! (done!)
- Read at least 4 books. (no – I read two books and am in the middle of a third)
- Continue voice lessons to help me feel more confident in the part I’m playing in Anything Goes. (yes – I feel more confident and I’m excited for the show! We open in April).
March blog Goals
- Update old blog images for Pinterest
- Finish editing my e-book
- Add popular posts to my sidebar
- Reach 900 Twitter followers
- Reach 1,500 Pinterest followers
- Offer another freebie to my newsletter subscribers
March personal goals
- Complete the 21 day fix (just purchased it today!)
- Read at least 4 books
- Memorize the script for Anything Goes
- Train for the Hershey 10k – run at least 3x a week
What will you be working on this month?