Well, this is the first time in history we’ve gone a full month without the Disney parks being open. I never would have guessed it at the beginning of this year, and yet here we are. I was saying to my husband it doesn’t even feel like April happened because it could have been any month, with every day so similar. Even celebrating my birthday doesn’t feel like it was quite real.
I’m not going to speculate too much on when the parks will reopen – no one really knows and the most important thing is staying safe right now. On the bright side, the Disney company and lots of other bloggers have been producing some awesome at-home content that I can share with you this month!
- May the 4th be with you! Disney+ is premiering a new show today called Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – a documentary of the TV show.
- If you enjoyed the first Disney Singalong, a new one will be happening on May 10th! See the featured celebrities this time around here.
- Artemis Fowl, a movie that was supposed to be released in theaters this summer, will now be released directly to Disney+ on June 12.
- Though Avengers campus was supposed to open in Disney’s California Adventure in July, it is now listed as “coming soon.”
- The next live action Disney movie is in the works, with a live action Robin Hood planned to come to Disney+ in the future.
- A number of Disney movies’ release dates were pushed back, including Soul now scheduled for November 20th and Raya and the Last Dragon pushed back to March 12, 2021.
- Though Bob Iger had recently stepped down as CEO, he is now stepping back in the position temporarily given the current climate.
- Apparently Disney has purchased even more additional land near Disney World.
Epcot // A poster released on ShopDisney featuring concept art of the Journey of Water attraction, based on Moana, mentioned an opening date of 2021. Doesn’t mean it’s accurate and of course everything is subject to change right now, but they may be hoping for that!
Disney World // Disney has officially cancelled trips through May 23rd, so it seems very unlikely that the parks will open in any capacity before June. I think even June may be unlikely.
Disneyland // Speculation is that Disneyland will wait several more months to reopen. This is due to the fact that Governor Newsom in California is much more cautious about reopening, and even made the statement :”When asked to give a timeframe for when large assemblies of people could meet again, when you suggest June, July, August, it is unlikely.”
Other Disney Blogs
Mindy from This Fairy Tale Life has some good thoughts on the future of Disney vacations.
It might be pricey, but Tom’s review of Takumi Tei’s tasting menu on The Disney Tourist Blog has convinced me I need to try it.
Speaking of The Disney Tourist Blog, I find that Tom’s blog posts are the most balanced, least “sensational” articles that you will come across about the Disney parks reopening. He is very analytical and presents facts and then educated guesses, which he very clearly labels as such. I recommend keeping up with everything through his blog, with posts such as this one on when Disneyland might reopen.
If you have a cricut and you’re looking for some fun craft projects during this time, check out Monica’s post over on Popcorner with free Star Wars cricut projects!